Tourist eVisa Website Down

The Malaysia Tourist eVisa website for Indians - https://malaysiavisa.imi.gov.my/evisa/ - has been down for past week. Does anyone have any idea of when this will be resolved and if not possible, what are the alternate steps to apply for tourist visa.

My current situation is that the my in-laws were supposed to travel on 16th October, but since the website is down we are unsure of how to move forward. The next step we are planning is to go to Malaysian embassy to enquire about this. But if any one has already enquired and know the process, it would be really helpful for me and others in similar situation.

Hello Manoj Gnanaseelan,

I assume your in-laws are in India.

Can Indians get a visa on arrival? 1f914.svg

I advise you to check directly with the Malaysian embassy in your region. An officer will provide you with all details you need.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Thanks for the reply Cheryl.

My in-laws are in India and there is no Visa on Arrival for Indian passport holders.

The website is still down and looks like there are many people waiting for their tourist visa to be applied. We are now proceeding to apply with vfsglobal and they mentioned it will take 15 working days to process.

We got no options other than postpone their travel dates.1f62b.svg

I know its late by now but Malaysian Immigration has stopped e visas and one must visit Malaysian  consulate/ embassy  personally to get tourist visas starting this october.That is why they have blocked the server.