Where to rent a house with office in ebene?

I am moving to Mauritius in November and a little confused about which area to rent a house. If i rent a house in Grand Baie or Cap Malheureux, will it be a nightmare to commute to the cybercity in Ebene? I will have a car so what will be the commute time. I am interested in a house with sea access, so should i look for other areas closer to Ebene? Will appreciate some inputs here.

Near Ebene you will find Moka and you can also look in Helvetia for a place.  They have a few phases that have been built.  It is maybe 10 to 15 minute commute to work depending on location.  Sea access you can try Flic-en-Flac, Tamarin or Black River or in the North Grande Baie area but both these commutes will have traffic. 

Areas close to Ebene, you can try Quatre-Bornes, (Sodnac, St Jean) Rose-Hill (Belle Rose) Ebene itself. Traffic can get hectic during peak hours

@Romonika

Hello,

Hello auregauthier,

Welcome to the forum!1f609.svg

Do you have any recommendation to make to @Romonika?

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi Romonika, whether you choose to leave in the north or in the center there will always office solutions. For exemple, If you decide to leave at Gran Baie (in the north) you can easily find turn keys  offices at Fasthub. And in  Ebene (in the center) you can also find office solution at Regus. Of course if you're searching for a house 'with sea access', Grand bay is definitely the place to be :) (my personal opinon)

@Romonika

Hi Traffic is very heavy in the morning. The commute to Eben everyday will drive you dilly. You can get very nice places to rent near Eben but you wont be near the beach.

If you can handle the drive everyday then Trou aux Biches through to Cap Malheureux is your option. You should find something along the Royal Road in those areas. Rentals are scarce presently.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Self-promotion
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Romonika hello I am renting in pointe aux Sables. If you are interested please contact me .

Thank you everyone for the inputs as it does give me some clarity. I will first try looking for houses on the Royal road as suggested by @jan748 as i am quite tempted by a beach side property. Hope i can work around the commute time.

Hello Romonika,

In any case, take a temporary rental at first and once you get here, you find your way around, you can opt for a long term rental, make some on site visits etc.

@Romonika check on google maps. It all depends what time will you go to work. There are motorways between Grand Baie and Ebene.

If you are coming froma city such as Sydney, you won't find issues with traffic.

Hi

we have a house in Sodnac for rent

It is on 2 floors you can use the ground floor

as office. and 1st floor as residence.

With 3-4 car parking

contact no: +****

+++

it has a direct access to the motor way 3-5 min to to Ebene

Moderated by Mickael last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Romonika

Hi,

Better choose places like Rose Hill, Belle Rose and Quatre Bornes. Just nextdoor to Ebene. So, you will avoid 2 hrs of traffic time, morning and afternoon.

Cheers,

DAVID

The commute between Grand Bay and Ebene each morning and afternoon is quite a long commute, I'd say allow one hour each way in rush-hour traffic . Unfortunately Ebene is right in the centre of the island so any home near a beach will involve a lengthy commute .