Absolutely Anything Else
My son would disown me if I suggested he go to a drag race.
Yikes I can hear him now!
Yes, figs are Biblical food but they have the weather for them over there in the Holy land.
I find that funny, Holy land, it is the people who can be holy not the land. Unless you are talking about the land with the burning bush,have to remove your shoes there.
Of course there were cursed lands and cursed people.
IDK, no A/C here and I think the weather is about perfect ATM. I was freezing at the water the other day; Husband says I am all bones that is why.
Not my choice, just happend.
My well off cousin in Maryland just had a A/C unit put in her entire house. 52 years in the smae house and she does it now?
My son would disown me if I suggested he go to a drag race.Yikes I can hear him now!Yes, figs are Biblical food but they have the weather for them over there in the Holy land.I find that funny, Holy land, it is the people who can be holy not the land. Unless you are talking about the land with the burning bush,have to remove your shoes there.Of course there were cursed lands and cursed people.IDK, no A/C here and I think the weather is about perfect ATM. I was freezing at the water the other day; Husband says I am all bones that is why.Not my choice, just happend.My well off cousin in Maryland just had a A/C unit put in her entire house. 52 years in the smae house and she does it now? - @Marilyn Tassy
I thought drag was mostly moving into mainstream. In the UK, we've had a number of drag performers who have de-frocked themselves into being TV and game show presenters. One of them they still fawn over but I never liked him either way. He's dead anyway - Paul O'Grady. His female persona was Lily Savage. Never liked her either! I thought both of them sounded too rough and grating. The "humour" came across as just a bit nasty. Oh well, won't be crossing my path although when I was in Liverpool, someone pointed out his house was visible from the waterfront on the other side of the Mersey (river). Like I wanted to know that. Not something I can unsee and forget.
Mrs F and I have just discussed figs and of course Adam and Eve covered themselves up with fig leaves. Forgotten about that. Apparently Jesus cursed the fig tree for not having any fruit and the following day the money lender's place collapsed and somehow the two are conflated.
Airco is relatively cheap nowadays but the power is the problem. I tell people to get a version that has heating and cooling, then it's possible to use it as a heat pump to heat up a room. It works really well at those shoulder times, when it's not quite cold enough for gas central heating or electric fires. They work down to -10C or -15C which possible here of course. As you're in an apartment house, the housemeister might want to get involved in the installation. We built our house to keep heat in, not out - lots of insulation, triple glazing etc. That was the way even a few short years ago and definitely not for hot, desert like conditions we suddenly face now. Luckily we have shutters to keep out the sun. They work really well and probably stop 80% of the heat but we still need to move it so we have ceiling fans as well. They look like aeroplane propellors as I like planes.
52 years in the same house. That's commitment. I've heard about people being born in a house and living in it all their lives. I suppose they know everything about everyone around there. Mrs F knows everyone's gossip but I don't. I meet people dog walking regularly and we exchange a few words about our dogs.
5 jars of fig (and other things) chutney:

I looked for dried figs in Tesco yestrerday, none there.
Seen them at Aldi in the past.
Getting our house manager to do anything is nearly impossible.
Darn dude does not even take phone calls, have to mail him!
People in the house do their own thing.
Our old neighbor sold her flat on the top floor, it gets boiling hot inside that flat. Sun hits it most of the day during summer months.
The new owners put in 2 A/C units outside the door.
IDK, the ones sold here look a bit rinkey dink. We had a huge Carrier A/C unit in our old house that would make the entire home feel like Alaska, not cheap to run though.
Summer is almost over with, we may even think about selling out and renting instead for awhile.
Not really willing to sink in money to fix this place up, we deserve to live in a nicer place for these last few years we have.
IDK, a new idea, we often change our minds about everything, might happen, might not.
Cash out and invest or cash out and just waste for awhile.
Save for what? We should spoil ourselves a bit.
Our old next door neighbor was in that flat for 72 years. Only home she ever knew.
They moved to the countryside and bought a house.
Nice corner unit with lots of windows. Think it is 78 sq. meters but sunny and quiet.
We used to go over allot when the old neighbors lived there.
I now do not even really say hello to the new neighbor, she is a dentist. God ,I would hate having her work on me! She talks none stop without taking time to breath. Sitting there will a hose in your mouth while she babbles on and on, yikes tourture!
I decided to not like her once I heard her talking on and on plus when she had work done the bozo she hired hit the common wall so hard that a brick popped out on our side. We showed it to her, just wanted the guy to put it back and cover up the damage, nothing fancy since our flat needs work anyways. She looked at the wall and acted like we wanted free remodling done, how insulting and rude. After that I basically just make a grunting sound if our paths cross.The guy repaired the damage but if my flat was nice, I would not of been happy with the sloppy job he did.What got me was her comment on, oh, you have not fixed your place up. None of her bees wax weither we have or not. Not in our current plans to do anything big, like we would be stupid to fix it up while not being thrilled with all the neighbors and manager.
She is hardly home since someone kicked it and left her a house.
Time takes care of many issues!
She redid the entire flat but lives alone. She is 64 or close to 65.
Yes gossips about her, otherwise I would not know a thing about her.
I often wonder what BS the neighbors are speading about us? Good thing I do not know.
I was thinking about the neighbors who had us live throughout their remodling.
IDK, maybe I am too American but if I had a say in matters and was doing work on my flat, every so often I would bring over a samll gift for the people my noise was effecting;
A bottle of wine or a box of candy is not going to break the bank.
No one ever did that for us.
Not even a note before hand saying sorry for the noise and dust.
I was invited to see the finished flat on one side but did not go over, never saw the dentists flat, did see the upstairs flat but only after the new owners bought it had and wanted to show us how the false ceiling was coming down. Our old friend upstairs showed us what work she had done, she was a spotless housekeeper, sort of odd the new owners tore it all out, think he is rich and bought the flat just to be able to use a painting /hobby home. Lots of summer light inside and heat.
What cracked us up was the upstairs flat was done up by a young 20 something year old lover of a HU military man in his 50,s He let the young guy go wild, what a messed up flat! Ugly does not even cover it, red painted walls, bathroom sink is stand alone in the hallway! On one wall there is some tile , artwork of a naked woman! WTH, thought that was the , rainbow flat, only gay men have even lived there or Rasta freaks.
I was thinking about the neighbors who had us live throughout their remodling.IDK, maybe I am too American but if I had a say in matters and was doing work on my flat, every so often I would bring over a samll gift for the people my noise was effecting;A bottle of wine or a box of candy is not going to break the bank.No one ever did that for us.Not even a note before hand saying sorry for the noise and dust.I was invited to see the finished flat on one side but did not go over, never saw the dentists flat, did see the upstairs flat but only after the new owners bought it had and wanted to show us how the false ceiling was coming down. Our old friend upstairs showed us what work she had done, she was a spotless housekeeper, sort of odd the new owners tore it all out, think he is rich and bought the flat just to be able to use a painting /hobby home. Lots of summer light inside and heat.What cracked us up was the upstairs flat was done up by a young 20 something year old lover of a HU military man in his 50,s He let the young guy go wild, what a messed up flat! Ugly does not even cover it, red painted walls, bathroom sink is stand alone in the hallway! On one wall there is some tile , artwork of a naked woman! WTH, thought that was the , rainbow flat, only gay men have even lived there or Rasta freaks. - @Marilyn Tassy
There's no accounting for taste. The number of houses Mrs F and I viewed that were roman-greek styled inside. Columns, statues and rock stuck to the wall. Awful. The real estate agent said how nice it was. OK, sales BS. On what planet could that be nice? I just said, this will need completely ripping out and dumping, people have no idea. I said, probably it'd cost 3M HUF just to give the kitchen and living room a makeover to get rid of the kitsch.
I can see we made mistakes here at Tuffy Flowers. I would have done things differently. Our mistake is actually not planning for the day our kids grew up. The layout could be different. We kind of stupidly assumed they would be thinking small all the time. But if a kid is 10, it's 15 just 5 years later and with their own minds which do not necessarily agree with the adults. Real change. We should have built for the lives of 4 adults. Only outside do we have the possibility for between 4 and 6 cars. It won't be that long when we have cars everywhere. Now I said that, probably within 5 years, they'll have all left to go elsewhere.
To compound this week's nonsense, our son turned up with a stray cat. There's no way it's a stray. It's very friendly and happy to be with humans. Our own cat is really feral and unfriendly. It's clearly been very socialised with humans and isn't loopy but hates dogs. Now we have to return it to the area 100km away where he found it. This wastes all our time, costs us fuel and is generally an annoying thing to do. That'll take most of the afternoon.
Stray cat blues. My husband brought a stray to our apt. just before we moved to Maui.
I told him to get rid of it straight away; He feed it for weeks and then he did give it away.
Sorry, cats bother me, the smell of the cat box and the hair all over.
Maybe they have flyers out looking for their cat?
100 KM away is something else, wow he should of just left it in the area and let it find it,s way home.
Kids!
Yes, while looking at properties over the years in HU I wonder WTH were they thinking?
It is called, Stagging your property before showing it.
If we sell this flat, for sure things gotta go first, too much clutter. Move out most of our things into a storage unit to make it clear and clean looking, even a quick paint job will help.
Our home in Ca; sold in 2 weeks with only having one open house for a couple of hours.
It looked perfect, even had our son take the dog for a long walk while people came over.
When we viewed this flat, I literally screamed, OH MY GOd, when the women pulled back the shower curtain. Black mold!!
She was a nurse too!
Many things turned me off about this flat, the huge white dog laying on the kitchen floor with piles of hair on the floor;
To this day, if I really dig hard I may find a white hair that popped out from under the counter! Disgusting hosuekeeper!
But comparied to what other flats we viewed, the windows to the street, being on the 1st; floor, the large living room area etc; made it one of the best that we had seen.
So many realtors kept showing us ground floor flats when we told them no way. Or ones that faced the yard or a brick wall.
They try to move their inventory of unwanted properties first.
We found this flat on our own with a newspaper add.
Even so the dummy owner had some contract written up with a real estate agent.
We had to pay half the estate agents fees to legally buy the flat; We almost said F it but were running out of time to move so paid and told everyone how unhappy we were about getting squeezed into paying for something that we did not sign up for.
Forgot the price, $3,000 buck for nada?
We sold our own home in Ca; with the help of a co; that charged a flat rate to help with the detailsPaid $7,000 in 1991 to sell a nearly $200,000 house, paid $3,000 in 2006 for a 11 million forint flat. Forget the exhange rate then, maybe all of $45,000?
Bad deal really. In 20 years though the value has gone up but have no idea what agents are charging these days in HU either
Years go by I am am forgetful. Our Ca. house sold for closer to $250,OOO not $200,000.
If we had not spent time and money fixing it before selling we could of gotten a good $40,000 more.
Not worth fixing things up unless you plan on sticking around a bit and at least enjoying it.
Just shows how much we got scammed buying ths flat with the owner using an agent who did nada for us.
Years go by I am am forgetful. Our Ca. house sold for closer to $250,OOO not $200,000.If we had not spent time and money fixing it before selling we could of gotten a good $40,000 more.Not worth fixing things up unless you plan on sticking around a bit and at least enjoying it.Just shows how much we got scammed buying ths flat with the owner using an agent who did nada for us. - @Marilyn Tassy
That's why I prefer fixing up with absolute neutrality if seeking to sell.
No gaudy wall paintings, plain pine for woodwork, everything like a blank canvas.
Agents around here are charging a percentage (I've seen 3%) but the turnover of properties around here is so low, no-one can be making huge amounts of money. We bought our place through an agent but we did not pay the agent (this seems a stupid idea), the seller paid. The house was not even advertised. The agent had her ear to the ground and knew what was going on locally so could contact the owners. I think she (the agent) did very well for the owners as they didn't have to wait too long. There were 3 of them, all siblings, who inherited from their father. It had been empty for 18 months. I've seen houses here, still on sale, almost 10 years later. I know from previous enquiries they want too much money.
We had it inspected for prospects by surveyors/building master and that cost us perhaps $1K. We then arranged a building specialist/architect to draw up the plans - another $2K. 50% paid in advance, 50% when permission was granted.
It took us about 15 months to remodel and modernise. I think it's unrecognisable from what it was like at the beginning.
We've got Mrs F's mother's house to sort out. It will take years to decide. Paperwork is done but the owners - Mrs F and her brother - seem paralysed with indecision or lack of interest. I'd prefer them to convert into modern apartments but I do not have much say. It could be 2 apartments but with a bit more thought and money and building work, it could actually be 4 apartments or even something like 3 townhouses. Steady income stream for retirement. But no-one has any capital to invest in it.
And of course, we're getting older and we're a bit tired for a complex if small project. Really need some kids to step up. We are the only ones with kids but can one get a 16 and 21 year old to do anything about it? Not convinced.
Our son is not interested much in things here in Hungary either.
He is always talking about investing, but with our funds!
Maybe if we can rent out sheds on the outskirts of town!
Saw a dream house for sale online here in Hungary;only 500 Million forints!
Lotto time!!
Some lucky sucker won the US Powerball lottery! Over 1 BILLION bucks!!
Wish I had their problems!!
If I ever won that much I think I would just take my ID with me and walk out the door, check into a 5 star hotel and think about things.Dream on!!
Our son is not interested much in things here in Hungary either.He is always talking about investing, but with our funds!Maybe if we can rent out sheds on the outskirts of town!Saw a dream house for sale online here in Hungary; only 500 Million forints!Lotto time!!Some lucky sucker won the US Powerball lottery! Over 1 BILLION bucks!!Wish I had their problems!!If I ever won that much I think I would just take my ID with me and walk out the door, check into a 5 star hotel and think about things. Dream on!! - @Marilyn Tassy
Wouldn't we all leg it if we had a billion. Not sure I'd be at a 5* hotel but quite possibly a private island.
I think they only pay out over say, 30 years, so it's not 1 billion in a bag. So presumably a few million a month so it would be difficult to splash on a superyacht. And the IRS would be all over the winner like a bad rash. But whatever form it takes, I'll take it. I can complain all I want while sipping an alcohol and sugar free cocktail down by the sea or lounging at the pool.
I am not sure 500M HUF is well spent on a house in Hungary. Decent weather is only between about May and October. That's just a bit of the year. Winters need to be either brutally cold for 3 weeks and hovering at 21C for the rest of winter and 28C during the summer with showers 3 x week at night. Nice breeze would be good.
I cannot even get the kids to do things, never mind working on a construction project which ultimately will benefit them. I have some annoyances with my kids, which are currently:
- Not turning the lights off when they leave a room
- Not pushing their chairs back under the dining table
- Not putting their rubbish in the bin,
- Not collecting their plates, cutlery, cups and glasses from all over
- Not putting their plates, cutlery, cups and glasses etc in the dishwasher
- Not taking the dog for a walk
- Not priotitising learning to drive and getting a license (the 21 year old)
That's a lot of NOTs but of course there's a bigger list of positives. At least for the older one, the Sziget Festival is over so we should be happy things might change in the short term.
I should not expect miracles as we'll be down in Balaton next week and of course no-one is expected to do anything or be too responsible.
I have a thing about shutting lights off.
Would get a lieral ass kciking if we did not do that growing up.
6 children in the house, if we did not have strict rules things would of been too much to pay out.
I have a thing about shutting lights off.Would get a lieral ass kciking if we did not do that growing up.6 children in the house, if we did not have strict rules things would of been too much to pay out. - @Marilyn Tassy
I forgot to add to the list - leaving the doors open to outside when the airco is on.
Making that list almost made me want to go back to bed and put the covers over my head.
We're not 6 but normally 4 (or 7 counting the dog and cat and visitors). The furry friends get away with everything. And there always seem to be visitors here nowadays. Our son's friends seem to be almost permanently moved in. They are good lads really, I should not complain. One of the lads had to go home because the brother was alone. The Mum told him to get back there as the brother is only 14.
My older kids lead sensible adult lives more or less. The younger older one is soon to be 36 and now lives in Perth, Western Australia. They left Canada for pastures new. Certainly the weather is going to be better in Perth, WA. The older one has a UK government job, house, BF and a steady pace of life.
Must be hard to worry about 4 people, bad enough our son drives us nuts with the things he does and the way he does things.
My bro had to restart his disablity and as his dumb son lost his ID when he was away, he had to get new ID,s before restarting his income;
I pray they back pay him for the time he has been out without funds.
Almost 3 weeks now since HU immigration told me it would be no more then 2 weeks time!
I really dislike it when people make false claims. Betteer to say IDK then say something is going down when it is not.
Making hubby check the post everyday, guess they are on vacation!
I am not looking forward to going in that place again to get an extention or anything else.
Not in the best of moods, hate dealing with dumb stuff.
I think 90 percent of life issues are just dumb stuff.
Must be hard to worry about 4 people, bad enough our son drives us nuts with the things he does and the way he does things.My bro had to restart his disablity and as his dumb son lost his ID when he was away, he had to get new ID,s before restarting his income;I pray they back pay him for the time he has been out without funds.Almost 3 weeks now since HU immigration told me it would be no more then 2 weeks time!I really dislike it when people make false claims. Betteer to say IDK then say something is going down when it is not.Making hubby check the post everyday, guess they are on vacation!I am not looking forward to going in that place again to get an extention or anything else.Not in the best of moods, hate dealing with dumb stuff.I think 90 percent of life issues are just dumb stuff. - @Marilyn Tassy
I hope your bro gets his money. Sorry, but it sounds like the son is chaotic and disorganised. I don't know about the USA but I suspect it could be the same as in the UK, if one is locked up (even on remand), the pension will be stopped as would all social security benefits. Something to Google. Not something I really thought about.
I think the postal (letter) service is more or less shutdown due to the heatwave. Just guessing. We haven't had any post for a week. Mrs F told me a postman died in Budapest due to heat exhaustion. We have received packages delivered by vehicle, but no actual letters. I don't care that much. It's not our fault.
Most of the letters we get are bills. I'd rather they e-mailed us the bill although the paper bill is a good reminder. Mrs Fluffy keeps the "checks/cheques" in order but we pay them via Simple Pay and the bar code using our smart phones. This could be a scam so we have to be careful. The most useless company sending us bills is Telekom. They seem to want really convoluted online login stuff in order to just pay a bill. Hopeless.
BTW, you know the motorbike in the Duna? They found two soldiers under it. So they are burying them in Budaors German Military Cemetery. I know they are Germans and the wrong side but we thought we might go along to see what they do there. We've never visited it. It looks extremely well maintained and it's only about 2 miles from our house. We have been to the Commonwealth Cemetery many times (in Solymar).
I've just had to tidy up after our daughter hand washed her T-shirt, then hung it up to drip all over the bathroom floor. I've had to get a coat hanger and hang it up in the shower so it doesn't drip everywhere. I tell them all the time, "don't make work for us" but it falls on deaf ears. We'll always be housekeeping for them. When they are little kids, fine, but they know what to do, they just know someone else will tidy it up.
Guess?- @SimCityAT
No idea.
@SimCityAT
New James Bond?
Nah, it's Scott Eastwood, son of Clint
Hate to act like a know it all but I predicted all the stupid stuff that has gone down with my brother.
I read right away about his beneifts being stopped until he was released.
I told everyone to let him know he should restart the paperwork about one month before his release through a social worker in prison.
IDK, I even said his son and his GF would wipe out his bank account.
I said his van would be hauled off , not because of his son being busted for whatever he did but for them driving it with expried registration. It was part of the reason his van was in impound.
I just wish I could predict the lotto numbers!!
Hopefully his payments will start soon and he can leave Ca. My cousin in NM is waiting for him. She has a nice comfy house with a remodled bathroom for handicapped people. She is big on supporting family and has a balanced mind set.I suppose they say she has a good head on her shoulders.
Of course she does not want him to stay forever but till he finds a suitable place of his own;
She actually has a cousin, a female who also is an amputee and lives in a very nice complex built just for handicapped people; One bedroom apts, with a community center, nurses on staff, food included and rides to appointments and grocery stores.
It is not cheap but it is safe.
Maybe if he moves in there, he will meet a nice lady with another nice income and they will hobble off into the sunset together.
We have gotten mail this week, bills; Heard the mailman ,guess I should say postperson, had to deliver and return to the post office beofre 11am due to the heat. Where is my important mail?!
I think they want to force me to buy an extention, anything for a few extra bucks.
Got lucky yesterday, hubby,s laptop adaptor went out and we were able to find a shop and replace it without having to mail order and wait it out.
Yet another long holiday here this coming week; Do people even work here?
Watched the news last night and froze in fear for a moment.
In Minn; some deranged man killed his wife and little girl then himself, they included the murder by stabbing of a 78 year old women in my sisters town!!
I thought , Holy Cow, Cindy did it this time!
I invisioned her flipping out with a kitchen knife in her hand and losing it.
Sorry to find out it was the mother of that murdering man in the next town but glad it was not my elder sister.
How many nut cases are walking amongst us anyways?
Letting clothing drip on the floor could be very dnagerous if someone slips and cracks their skull.
I am always warning my husband about splashing water on the floor or leaving an odd shoes here and there for someone to trip on.
Guess?- @SimCityAT
It's got an "Oliver North" kind of feel.
Melancholy made in Hungary is fuelling bestsellers across the globe – and widely misunderstood
Fireworks down in Balaton for yesterday's National Day. Best photo of a bad lot!

Fireworks down in Balaton for yesterday's National Day. Best photo of a bad lot!- @fluffy2560
Saw the show on tv, glad we did not bother going in person.
Spent the day at the water which was allot more fun.
IDK, it was all laser show and sort of silly to me.
Waste of money, could of used the funds for something better.
I think children would enjoy it more if they gave them all a tiny flag, a sparkler stick and maybe a happy meal type paper hat.
They could of saved allot of money if they just let the military have a parade and have a few brass bands.
On the way home from the water and lady on the subway had a full bag of refundable bottles; Guess it was a field day for the bottle collectors.
Not nice to make fun of people but I wish I had a camera with me at the river.
My handicapped friend would have a laugh, something she probablynever saw before.
2 very hefty middle aged women came walking upstream wearing their water shoes, smart move, a child,s blow up tube around their wasists, God only knows how they got those on, and what took the cake was each was holding an umbrella.
They sat in shallow water and let the current take them for a ride.
Does not take much to entertain some people.
They made my sick mind think of a way to make money; I can travel around and take photos and make a calendar, for charity of course.
A photo for every month and one extra for Leap year; Babes of Budapest!
Perhaps I would take a selfie and add that too, sometimes I must look crazy swimming against the current.
Life,s story, always fighting against the current.
My bro has hired a lawyer, I really pray it does not take years to get what he is enitled to.
2 more holiday days, then back to business.
Saw the show on tv, glad we did not bother going in person.
Spent the day at the water which was allot more fun.
IDK, it was all laser show and sort of silly to me.
Waste of money, could of used the funds for something better.
I think children would enjoy it more if they gave them all a tiny flag, a sparkler stick and maybe a happy meal type paper hat.
They could of saved allot of money if they just let the military have a parade and have a few brass bands.
On the way home from the water and lady on the subway had a full bag of refundable bottles; Guess it was a field day for the bottle collectors.
Not nice to make fun of people but I wish I had a camera with me at the river.
My handicapped friend would have a laugh, something she probablynever saw before.
2 very hefty middle aged women came walking upstream wearing their water shoes, smart move, a child,s blow up tube around their wasists, God only knows how they got those on, and what took the cake was each was holding an umbrella.
They sat in shallow water and let the current take them for a ride.
Does not take much to entertain some people.
They made my sick mind think of a way to make money; I can travel around and take photos and make a calendar, for charity of course.
A photo for every month and one extra for Leap year; Babes of Budapest!
Perhaps I would take a selfie and add that too, sometimes I must look crazy swimming against the current.
Life,s story, always fighting against the current.
My bro has hired a lawyer, I really pray it does not take years to get what he is enitled to.
2 more holiday days, then back to business. - @Marilyn Tassy
I tend to agree. Might have been better to spend the money on a free concert with someone well known like Depeche Mode. The fireworks were nice but meh, seen fireworks before. From the South side of Balaton, we could see other towns on the North side doing their fireworks at the same time. Seems like double counting.
It was pretty busy on Thursday night down at Balaton where we were. Of course, half the population of Budapest was down at the lake. Packed with queueing to get served with ice cream or kebabs. Locals said it's been a terrible summer with a few restaurants due to close permanently and not just for the winter.
Good your bro has a lawyer. Maybe he'll get something but the lawyer will probably take most of it. As is normal in these kinds of a dispute. Only the lawyers on either side come out on top.
BTW, detailed video on the motorbike found in the Duna plus video of the siege of Budapest (in HU with EN subtitles). The siege video is good for the historical video of what pre-WW2 Budapest looked like. It was clearly one busy place. Not that the Russians or Germans gave a damn. They blew the place to pieces. As usual, what a mess.
I loved the old Elizabeth Bridge, so much classier then the new one.
Of course the new one is wider and can handle more traffic, progress? IDK.
We went to the Danube beach on Thursday, their last open day of the season;
Super peaceful, not too busy, the way over was quick with hardly anyone traveling that direction;
Loved it, I dislike crowds and knew Balaton would be a zoo.
Might have a few more good days to get over there before their season is over with too.
Summer flew by fast.
I know, the lawyer will take a nice chunk of anything my bro may get.
My BFF , Lisa was in court for years settling her mom,s contested will with her 2 brothers.
Her mom was cool . She would have beers with Lisa in the retirement home; Her bros lied and said she got their mother drunk and took advantage of her. No way, he mom was not stupid, she had been in the US Navy during WW2. She was a working mother of 5. She worked allot as a clerk in stores; As a kid I would go in the stores around town and Lisa,s mom woud check us out. She would chat with my mom while we waited in line.
NO, Lisa was the only one who cared and took the time to visit their mother.
Lisa and her husband took both her mothers and her mother,s BF ashes to spread, brothers no where in sight.
Lisa had to give her bro,s part of the estate but she got the bulk of it;
Stock in Apple etc.
She died just months later just a few weeks before Covid was a thing. Felt flu like, kept going till her husband insisted she see a doctor, was admitted and dead within a week. So sad, I miss her; I have not had an insane belly laugh for years, she always made me crack up, we never had a disagreement about anything and were as they say, on the same wave length.
Hard to find a friend like that.
We never talked about money, seriously about work or anything that was a drag, only funny things and how to cope with BS.
She was a very private person but we got on well.
Lucky to of had a friend I guess in this world.
A trustworthy one I mean.
My husband mentioned that allot of vendors will close down for good after this summer. Well ,selling langos for 3,000 forints will do that. They got greedy.
The World's Oldest Active Currency
The British pound sterling holds the title of the world's oldest currency still in continuous use today. Originating in Anglo-Saxon England around 775 AD, the pound was initially equivalent to a literal pound weight of silver. With a rich history spanning over 1,200 years, it has survived medieval kingdoms, global empires, and modern financial revolutions to remain a dominant global currency.
The World's Oldest Active CurrencyThe British pound sterling holds the title of the world's oldest currency still in continuous use today. Originating in Anglo-Saxon England around 775 AD, the pound was initially equivalent to a literal pound weight of silver. With a rich history spanning over 1,200 years, it has survived medieval kingdoms, global empires, and modern financial revolutions to remain a dominant global currency. - @SimCityAT
Silver and gold have industrial uses and is scarce but intrinsically it has no real value.
Makes no sense we put so much on it.
And of course, the value of the currency is really a bet on a future economy.
And we know the UK Treasury sold off all its gold at a low price (rather stupidly).
I loved the old Elizabeth Bridge, so much classier then the new one.
Of course the new one is wider and can handle more traffic, progress? IDK.
We went to the Danube beach on Thursday, their last open day of the season;
Super peaceful, not too busy, the way over was quick with hardly anyone traveling that direction;
Loved it, I dislike crowds and knew Balaton would be a zoo.
Might have a few more good days to get over there before their season is over with too.
Summer flew by fast.
I know, the lawyer will take a nice chunk of anything my bro may get.
My BFF , Lisa was in court for years settling her mom,s contested will with her 2 brothers.
Her mom was cool . She would have beers with Lisa in the retirement home; Her bros lied and said she got their mother drunk and took advantage of her. No way, he mom was not stupid, she had been in the US Navy during WW2. She was a working mother of 5. She worked allot as a clerk in stores; As a kid I would go in the stores around town and Lisa,s mom woud check us out. She would chat with my mom while we waited in line.
NO, Lisa was the only one who cared and took the time to visit their mother.
Lisa and her husband took both her mothers and her mother,s BF ashes to spread, brothers no where in sight.
Lisa had to give her bro,s part of the estate but she got the bulk of it;
Stock in Apple etc.
She died just months later just a few weeks before Covid was a thing. Felt flu like, kept going till her husband insisted she see a doctor, was admitted and dead within a week. So sad, I miss her; I have not had an insane belly laugh for years, she always made me crack up, we never had a disagreement about anything and were as they say, on the same wave length.
Hard to find a friend like that.
We never talked about money, seriously about work or anything that was a drag, only funny things and how to cope with BS.
She was a very private person but we got on well.
Lucky to of had a friend I guess in this world.
A trustworthy one I mean.
My husband mentioned that allot of vendors will close down for good after this summer. Well ,selling langos for 3,000 forints will do that. They got greedy. - @Marilyn Tassy
I don't remember the old Erszebet Bridge as it was before my time. I do however remember people climbing up it to commit suicide. I always wondered how they managed to get up there. I suppose there must be a ladder. Of course they have to stop the traffic. I remember when I worked in Pest town, regularly we had to re-route back home to Buda.
We are back home after our week in Balaton. Reality has kicked back in. Water bill arrived and I had to buy new batteries for my hobby car which just had 800 EUR worth of welding on it. Batteries will come by the end of the week which is fine as the mechanic is on holiday. I could install them myself but the car has not passed its test and it's trapped at the mechanic's yard as it cannot be driven on the road. Meh. At least a 2 year test when it passes and that will push the car into OT status at 30 years old. It really needs a good clean in the engine bay. There's a "dry ice" cleaning process which should make it look really shiny and new. But where can I get that in HU? Dunno yet.
Mrs F has gone back to Balaton to clean up. That's the deal. Everyone who uses it has to leave it in a cleaned up manner. So we've washed and dried all the sheets, pillow cases and now it's just a case of mopping the floors etc and sweeping up. It's still warm - 28C. By next week, all of Balaton will be shutdown. 1st September, school restarts. You are quite right, 3000 HUF for a langos, even with sour cream and cheese is a bit cheeky.
We had no disputes between siblings over our parents belongings and money. We agreed to split it 4 ways. It would have been 5 but one of us died. So we all agreed very quickly and above all, we carried our parents wishes exactly as their will and therefore wishes said. It caused a rift with my deceased bro's wife but legally we could not do anything outside the will. There was no provision in the will to share anything outside the survivors. My view is that they were rich enough as my bro was wealthy relatively and was well insured. They didn't need token payments from the rest of us. I told the others my share was going on my kids' university education. And that's how it's gone - a large chunk of it has gone on that. I didn't buy anything large. I did hear others bought cars etc.
We did find out some bad news recently. An aunt has pancreatic cancer, is in hospital and will die within 5-7 weeks kind of period. It's not unexpected. 85 years old. Widowed for a good 20 years. Mrs F's cousin is rather distraught. It's going to be a period of upheaval with both weddings and funerals going on at the same time. Once again, property will be left but no-one knows what to do with it.
Sorry to hear about the auntie.
Is she in Hungary in care?
Visit her if you can, those hospitals are rough. They do not feed you decent food, in her case she might not eat full meals but like puddings and soft foods, avacados go down easy and are full of vitamins;
Even a death sentence needs to stay clear minded and as healthy as possible. Bring bottles of water to her too. They never give enough in hospitals.
Freah squeezed lemon in the water helps.
Very sad.
I never personally saw the old bridge either, was blown up by the Germans over a decade before my time.Just photos of it seen.Old movies on U tube from the 1930 show it too.
My Vegas friend is flipping out and I would also do the same if it was me.
When they moved from their large home to their condo, her husband was in charge of putting allot of things into a storagfe unit tilll they could clear them out further.
They stayed in a hotel for a week or so before going to the condo.
She insisted she bring all her jewlery with her but her husband said it was saver in storage and he put her bag inside another bag and a box;
Been a couple years, she is always asking him to bring her jewlery home.
She has gone to the storage with him a few times to dig through boxes from her wheelchair.
Nada!!!
She thinks he tossed it out by mistake or it was put in a box of tools on their patio which was stolen years ago;
With the price of gold going up so high, it could be worth at least, $70,000!
She is out of her mind with grief and worry, I am sure her husband feels badly too.
I hope it turns up but it is looking bleak.
Yes, almost time to dig out the hat and gloves again!
Went to the eye clinic yesterday to try and make an appointment;
Super busy, will just give them a ring soon instead.
While waiting in line to see about appointments, some middle aged man slammed into me from behind! I went flying, Guess I am more fragile then I think I am. He gave a weak, sorry, jerk, he should of groveled a bit more!
Oh well, eye clinic, he must of been blind!
Sorry to hear about the auntie.
Is she in Hungary in care?
Visit her if you can, those hospitals are rough. They do not feed you decent food, in her case she might not eat full meals but like puddings and soft foods, avacados go down easy and are full of vitamins;
Even a death sentence needs to stay clear minded and as healthy as possible. Bring bottles of water to her too. They never give enough in hospitals.
Freah squeezed lemon in the water helps.
Very sad.
I never personally saw the old bridge either, was blown up by the Germans over a decade before my time.Just photos of it seen.Old movies on U tube from the 1930 show it too.
My Vegas friend is flipping out and I would also do the same if it was me.
When they moved from their large home to their condo, her husband was in charge of putting allot of things into a storagfe unit tilll they could clear them out further.
They stayed in a hotel for a week or so before going to the condo.
She insisted she bring all her jewlery with her but her husband said it was saver in storage and he put her bag inside another bag and a box;
Been a couple years, she is always asking him to bring her jewlery home.
She has gone to the storage with him a few times to dig through boxes from her wheelchair.
Nada!!!
She thinks he tossed it out by mistake or it was put in a box of tools on their patio which was stolen years ago;
With the price of gold going up so high, it could be worth at least, $70,000!
She is out of her mind with grief and worry, I am sure her husband feels badly too.
I hope it turns up but it is looking bleak.
Yes, almost time to dig out the hat and gloves again!
Went to the eye clinic yesterday to try and make an appointment;
Super busy, will just give them a ring soon instead.
While waiting in line to see about appointments, some middle aged man slammed into me from behind! I went flying, Guess I am more fragile then I think I am. He gave a weak, sorry, jerk, he should of groveled a bit more!
Oh well, eye clinic, he must of been blind! - @Marilyn Tassy
This auntie has the worst variant of pancreatic cancer. She cannot eat much at all. Just comes out. And without food, it'll be the end. I always remember the rule of three - 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water and 3 weeks without food. Mrs F says that she will survive 5 to 7 weeks as several of her relatives have had the same cancer. Not blood relatives so not genetic. Pancreatic cancer is perhaps the 3rd or 5th "most popular" cancer.
She's comfy in the hospital somewhere here in Budapest. She also has dementia so doesn't really know why she is there and even if they told her, she'd not remember a few minutes later. Her daughter has not told her, it's terminal. It'll will just upset her to know, even if it's for a few minutes. I saw the aunt in her garden raking up the fallen apples just a few weeks ago. From gardening to death's door in weeks. I suppose if one is 85, things are bound to go wrong.
I feel for your LV friend. Quite possibly, the jewellery is gone forever. It's not the same but I had 6 specially collected egg cups in a set and they got put in a tin and they were in my Dad's house. He was a maniac when it came to cleaning. He threw the tin away. And my egg cups were gone. I've had to try and get another set on Ebay. Luckily they are available there. But it still doesn't make it bearable. I have actually thrown away my kids things by mistake. They left stuff in the car door in paper bags. So I just collected all the rubbish and dumped it. And my daughter's souvenir. I was horrified I had done that but how was I to know, very similar bags - one with trash and the other the souvenir.
Looks like rain here. Sun is trying to break out. We're dismantling our pop up pool. I've had to get the jet wash out due to algae. I know all about algae. A lot more than Donny Trump and his reflecting pool.
USA:
'Rocky Horror' Star Tim Curry Dead at 80
Tim Curry -- the legendary film and TV actor best known for playing Dr. Frank-N-Furter in the cult classic "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" -- has died
Gone to do the Eternal Timewarp....He wasn't looking very well (picture 2025 - he'd had a number of strokes):

Better place than the weather pos. Well it's finished. Can you believe it's put £50,000 on the value of the house? All for spending £14,00,








Better place than the weather pos. Well it's finished. Can you believe it's put £50,000 on the value of the house? All for spending £14,00, - @SimCityAT
That's a lot of paving. Looks smart.
What did they do for drainage? I see the drain but are the stones angled?
Big surface area means a lot of runoff
Better place than the weather pos. Well it's finished. Can you believe it's put £50,000 on the value of the house? All for spending £14,00,- @SimCityAT
Looks very, very nice!! Good job!
Update on Auntie:
She's being sent home as nothing can be done but Mrs F's cousin is really going to suffer as she's working and the carer as well. She's going to ask for time off to care for her Mum but here, in HU, who knows. Maybe professional carers need to come in. My MIL had local professional carers from the local health place (it was not expensive) and they were very good.
We were once again discussing if the Aunt was told she was terminally ill that she'd remember it or forget it. She currently cannot eat and always says she's just eaten something when clearly she has not had anything. Perhaps the disease does not allow her to feel hungry. But I've heard people with dementia forget to eat.
Another story was that Auntie has been seeing her 20-year departed hubby. She wondered why he hadn't been to visit her. She was told he was dead and in the cemetery and then faked that she remembered. Mrs F says she's probably preparing to die by hallucinating people who have long passed. Looks like Auntie's reality is being stretched.
Miricles do happen.
I was very sad over my friends loss but just opened my mail and wouldn,t you know it, after 21 months and digging through box after box in storage, she decided to look in an old beat up box of books;
Presto!!! It was put in there by her husband!!
I am so happy for her, she was so stressed out and sad;
I told her to put every piece on and send me a photo!
I knew a HU lady who passed in AZ from pancreatic cancer, very sad.
She was very nice and bit rough around the edges but had a good heart.
An old friend of ours, a HU guy ,knew him since the day I met my hubby, went to HU and met her; married and he brought her, her daughter and her SIL to the US.
She passed a couple years ago.
Cancer, hate it.
My niece and her half bro share a big home in N. Ca;
Have an extra room downstairs with private bath etc;
She was saving it for me in my old age if needed but I can wait, not going anywhere anytime soon.
Her father, my ex BIL has serious throat cancer.
He is still living on his 38 foot boat alone but they are going to collect him soon. Soon as he feels he can travel a bit.
He can not speak now, they cut out part of his tounge and jaw bone!!
I just found out last night, could not sleep well thinking of it.
I suppose they put some of his leg bone in his jaw? IDK but it sounds just horrid, can not eat either.
I remember when my sister was married to him in the late 1960,s.
My young school mates were all speachless, he was so good looking and tall.
Now, must be horrid, I feel actully sick over it.
I am upset my happy great niece and niece have to go through this. Only thing to do but still it is very emotional to have him in the home and see daily the results of treatments.
Went into immigration early this morning; Over a month ago I was told within 2 weeks my new card would arrive, been over a month and nada.
Temp care expires so I went to get an extention.
Looks like immigration is back logged, they gave me 3 more months on top of what they gave me before!
I am so pissed because you can not travel outside of HU with his card, you can leave but maybe not get back in.
Held hostage!
I was fortunate my cane and age worked for me this time; They took me right away, the place is packed.
Looks like a ton of new resident temp workers in there.
I do not feel bad for having the guard line jump me, we are old and already paid dues and then some.
My husband sees a conspiricy with the delay, IDK.
Have a friend, American who is retired now and moved to Portugal.
She had been in Hungary for a couple years working as a language teacher.
She applied for a 3 years resident permit to Portugal, she had already been living there for a couple years already;
She told me she had to have 9 months worth of extentions before her new 3 year permit was processed.
Some sort of NWO stuff going on worldwide? IDK but it sucks.
Was running to the mailbow everyday waiting on that new card.
My husband likes to scare me and say they want me out for good! Hope not.
Miricles do happen.I was very sad over my friends loss but just opened my mail and wouldn,t you know it, after 21 months and digging through box after box in storage, she decided to look in an old beat up box of books;Presto!!! It was put in there by her husband!!I am so happy for her, she was so stressed out and sad;I told her to put every piece on and send me a photo!I knew a HU lady who passed in AZ from pancreatic cancer, very sad.She was very nice and bit rough around the edges but had a good heart.An old friend of ours, a HU guy ,knew him since the day I met my hubby, went to HU and met her; married and he brought her, her daughter and her SIL to the US.She passed a couple years ago. Cancer, hate it.My niece and her half bro share a big home in N. Ca;Have an extra room downstairs with private bath etc;She was saving it for me in my old age if needed but I can wait, not going anywhere anytime soon.Her father, my ex BIL has serious throat cancer.He is still living on his 38 foot boat alone but they are going to collect him soon. Soon as he feels he can travel a bit.He can not speak now, they cut out part of his tounge and jaw bone!!I just found out last night, could not sleep well thinking of it.I suppose they put some of his leg bone in his jaw? IDK but it sounds just horrid, can not eat either.I remember when my sister was married to him in the late 1960,s. My young school mates were all speachless, he was so good looking and tall.Now, must be horrid, I feel actully sick over it.I am upset my happy great niece and niece have to go through this. Only thing to do but still it is very emotional to have him in the home and see daily the results of treatments.Went into immigration early this morning; Over a month ago I was told within 2 weeks my new card would arrive, been over a month and nada.Temp care expires so I went to get an extention.Looks like immigration is back logged, they gave me 3 more months on top of what they gave me before!I am so pissed because you can not travel outside of HU with his card, you can leave but maybe not get back in.Held hostage!I was fortunate my cane and age worked for me this time; They took me right away, the place is packed.Looks like a ton of new resident temp workers in there.I do not feel bad for having the guard line jump me, we are old and already paid dues and then some.My husband sees a conspiricy with the delay, IDK.Have a friend, American who is retired now and moved to Portugal.She had been in Hungary for a couple years working as a language teacher.She applied for a 3 years resident permit to Portugal, she had already been living there for a couple years already;She told me she had to have 9 months worth of extentions before her new 3 year permit was processed.Some sort of NWO stuff going on worldwide? IDK but it sucks.Was running to the mailbow everyday waiting on that new card.My husband likes to scare me and say they want me out for good! Hope not. - @Marilyn Tassy
Glad the crown jewels turned up. This is the problem with having hundreds if not thousands of things in storage. No-one knows where anything is. I was looking for a HU language book for weeks and was convinced it was in storage. Mrs F was looking around and here and there in the piles of stuff and there it was! Really obscurely hidden in a box of children's stuff.
Living alone on a boat isn't a good place if he's sick. He definitely needs collecting and some TLC. I suppose the boat will remain there until it has to go. I was watching some mechanic guy who obtained a boat floating on some lake in CA and it was in mess. The original owner lived on it, got sick, went to the hospital and died. Boat was moored for some period like 2 years without anyone paying the mooring fees. It was quite a bit of money. In the end, the owners gave the boat away AND paid the mooring fees they owed. Just wanted it gone as no-one wanted to buy it.
Now I'm worried about immigration if there's a backlog. My RP expires early January 2027. Question is when to get there and how to get it renewed. My situation is different to others of course as my RP is based on Article 50 of the EU Withdrawal Agreement (by the UK). It was compulsory issued with no questions and no justification was needed. But how does that work now it's been 5 years? No-one seems to know about renewal. It should be renewed 10 years but who knows for sure. Definitely it should be still under Article 50. But for how long? Who knows. I think we'll have to start early to know how it works. Nothing changed so it should be routine - except I'm 5 years older and I need a new photo I expect. I've also got the driving license mid-September. That really worries me as I've got truck entitlements and I'm reluctant to give that up for Hungarian bureaucracy. If I was still in the UK, my license would not expire until I'm 70.
BTW, I'm asking ChatGPT about how to renew and it seems to know. I'll post what it says.
Miricles do happen.I was very sad over my friends loss but just opened my mail and wouldn,t you know it, after 21 months and digging through box after box in storage, she decided to look in an old beat up box of books;Presto!!! It was put in there by her husband!!I am so happy for her, she was so stressed out and sad;I told her to put every piece on and send me a photo!I knew a HU lady who passed in AZ from pancreatic cancer, very sad.She was very nice and bit rough around the edges but had a good heart.An old friend of ours, a HU guy ,knew him since the day I met my hubby, went to HU and met her; married and he brought her, her daughter and her SIL to the US.She passed a couple years ago. Cancer, hate it.My niece and her half bro share a big home in N. Ca;Have an extra room downstairs with private bath etc;She was saving it for me in my old age if needed but I can wait, not going anywhere anytime soon.Her father, my ex BIL has serious throat cancer.He is still living on his 38 foot boat alone but they are going to collect him soon. Soon as he feels he can travel a bit.He can not speak now, they cut out part of his tounge and jaw bone!!I just found out last night, could not sleep well thinking of it.I suppose they put some of his leg bone in his jaw? IDK but it sounds just horrid, can not eat either.I remember when my sister was married to him in the late 1960,s. My young school mates were all speachless, he was so good looking and tall.Now, must be horrid, I feel actully sick over it.I am upset my happy great niece and niece have to go through this. Only thing to do but still it is very emotional to have him in the home and see daily the results of treatments.Went into immigration early this morning; Over a month ago I was told within 2 weeks my new card would arrive, been over a month and nada.Temp care expires so I went to get an extention.Looks like immigration is back logged, they gave me 3 more months on top of what they gave me before!I am so pissed because you can not travel outside of HU with his card, you can leave but maybe not get back in.Held hostage!I was fortunate my cane and age worked for me this time; They took me right away, the place is packed.Looks like a ton of new resident temp workers in there.I do not feel bad for having the guard line jump me, we are old and already paid dues and then some.My husband sees a conspiricy with the delay, IDK.Have a friend, American who is retired now and moved to Portugal.She had been in Hungary for a couple years working as a language teacher.She applied for a 3 years resident permit to Portugal, she had already been living there for a couple years already;She told me she had to have 9 months worth of extentions before her new 3 year permit was processed.Some sort of NWO stuff going on worldwide? IDK but it sucks.Was running to the mailbow everyday waiting on that new card.My husband likes to scare me and say they want me out for good! Hope not. - @Marilyn TassyGlad the crown jewels turned up. This is the problem with having hundreds if not thousands of things in storage. No-one knows where anything is. I was looking for a HU language book for weeks and was convinced it was in storage. Mrs F was looking around and here and there in the piles of stuff and there it was! Really obscurely hidden in a box of children's stuff. Living alone on a boat isn't a good place if he's sick. He definitely needs collecting and some TLC. I suppose the boat will remain there until it has to go. I was watching some mechanic guy who obtained a boat floating on some lake in CA and it was in mess. The original owner lived on it, got sick, went to the hospital and died. Boat was moored for some period like 2 years without anyone paying the mooring fees. It was quite a bit of money. In the end, the owners gave the boat away AND paid the mooring fees they owed. Just wanted it gone as no-one wanted to buy it. Now I'm worried about immigration if there's a backlog. My RP expires early January 2027. Question is when to get there and how to get it renewed. My situation is different to others of course as my RP is based on Article 50 of the EU Withdrawal Agreement (by the UK). It was compulsory issued with no questions and no justification was needed. But how does that work now it's been 5 years? No-one seems to know about renewal. It should be renewed 10 years but who knows for sure. Definitely it should be still under Article 50. But for how long? Who knows. I think we'll have to start early to know how it works. Nothing changed so it should be routine - except I'm 5 years older and I need a new photo I expect. I've also got the driving license mid-September. That really worries me as I've got truck entitlements and I'm reluctant to give that up for Hungarian bureaucracy. If I was still in the UK, my license would not expire until I'm 70. BTW, I'm asking ChatGPT about how to renew and it seems to know. I'll post what it says. - @fluffy2560
IDK, looked online at the immigration site.
They post they are backlogged and allot has to do with the UK leaving the EU and having allot of people renewing paperwork.
Early as possible I would say.
I am a slight reprive for 3 months but IDK WTH they are doing!
I would of hired a lawyer if we had not gone so far on our own already;
My case is also differnt then average.
One lawyer at the Buda side office said at least for my general case it would cost about 100,000.
Not that much but then again what for, it should of been simple enough in my case.
Like I mentioned, my friend had to keep getting extentions;
For a person who must travel often that is not a good solution. They keep telling me, I can travel but might not be easy to come back.
I have no serious plan on going anywhere soon but one never knows what can happen.
My husband really wants to chuck it all in but I am a hold out.I enjoy saving money for once in my life and the US is not the place to even dream of doing that.
Go online ASAP and do some basic research to get an idea of what they expect from you.
Headache time for sure!!
My husband thinks they want to dump people, I do not know why he even thinks that.
Since you are good at computer issues , it should be easy to register online and do allot of the work from home.For some reason everytime I tried to register they stated they already had my Email address and would not excpet any info; Had to go in person.
So I'm off to blighty for the last 2 weeks of September. Not been back since Christmas. Only me going, so spending some quality time with my dad.
This bloody war still raging on,the prices are just crazy and not stable. So doing a different route, will fly from Vienna to Heathrow then get a bus to Cardiff.
This will be interesting as not used Heathrow since having my residence card. I don't think there will be any problems, I know how the system works.
I think I'm going to need to look ar getting an eSim or the UK. Although got WiFi at my dad's it doesn't reach to the bedroom on the other side of the bungalow. But the whole town has its own free Wi-Fi so when out and about I've got that to use.
Will have to see, what's the best network because it's out in the countryside so its very patchy.
Most of the people have got Starlink for their Internet because it's fatter.
Well, I'll get to Cardiff, then sister will take me to Llandeilo. I'm going to tired as will need to to be at the airport at 4.30am, then the bus.
For a change I won't be flying with KLM. using British Airways this time. So this will be another interesting adventure.
Nice to visit your father.
Gosh I wish my relations did not need an ocean trip over and a long haul fight;
Everyone is a long way off in either direction, east or west.
I will never fly on BA airlines again if possible to avoid it.
I call them BS airlines.
Bought tickets months in advance to Vegas.
At the gate the clerk asked us to wait; We did , stupidly thinking they were getting us some nice seats;
No way, put us in the middle seats in different rows between a group of 19, exactly 19 Drunk on the bottoms young loud Swedish men.
The only good thing was the guy blocking the row was so out of it, I could almost sit on him as I tried to get out of me seat, all 6 foot something of him passed out cold for most of the 12 plus hours.
So I'm off to blighty for the last 2 weeks of September. Not been back since Christmas. Only me going, so spending some quality time with my dad.
This bloody war still raging on,the prices are just crazy and not stable. So doing a different route, will fly from Vienna to Heathrow then get a bus to Cardiff.
This will be interesting as not used Heathrow since having my residence card. I don't think there will be any problems, I know how the system works.
I think I'm going to need to look ar getting an eSim or the UK. Although got WiFi at my dad's it doesn't reach to the bedroom on the other side of the bungalow. But the whole town has its own free Wi-Fi so when out and about I've got that to use.
Will have to see, what's the best network because it's out in the countryside so its very patchy.
Most of the people have got Starlink for their Internet because it's faster.
Well, I'll get to Cardiff, then sister will take me to Llandeilo. I'm going to tired as will need to to be at the airport at 4.30am, then the bus.
For a change I won't be flying with KLM. using British Airways this time. So this will be another interesting adventure. - @SimCityAT
I am not sure I would cope with a bus to Cardiff from LHR. But it should be fast and not too horrible up the M4. I suppose it's possible to snooze on the bus. Then it'll go quickly. And no passports.
Of course, going into the UK, the RP means nothing. Just passport in the UK passport scanners and job done. If they are working. Coming back is more interesting as you'll have to do the usual queueing.
BTW, eSims are easy but to fix the reach inside the house, you could always install a repeater which would extend the signal to other parts of the house. If you want I can look them up but the local ISP would probably sell them with support.
I'm off to the UK myself soon. I looked at going via Frankfurt or Munich but I just couldn't face the messing about. So I'm on Ryanair to Liverpool (LPL). It's cheaper than going to Manchester.
Meanwhile:
We will all have to go to the UK again soon. Probably to LGW but maybe LHR. I might be able to go to STN (Stansted) or LTN (Luton) but I almost never go there and despite LTN being close to one of my relatives, it's relatively awkward for family visits as the centre of family is South of London.
All this is because I just heard last night my BIL is close to death. His Parkinson's and dementia is reaching a conclusion. He's in a kind of coma in hospital. The timing is going to be a problem as it falls into school and Uni time. And if the funeral is mid-week, it makes it even worse. I know it seems a bit cold to think in logistics and logical terms but that's the reality. I wasn't that close to my BIL. But I've come to realise I'm a bit hard when it comes to these things.
Essential services for your expat journey




- Quality of customer service in Hungary
- Budaörsi AirShow 8 - 20 June 2026 (FREE event!)
- Gardening tips for Hungarian soil and climate?
- English Public schools
- Funeral Advice
- Has anyone gone through the simplified naturalization precedure?
- Ben Fogle Return To The Wild - Hungary
- Retire to Lake Balaton?
- Denied Hungarian Simplified Naturalization
- Help please! Im a Filipina and is engaged to a Hungarian.
- Accommodation in Hungary: scams you should look out for
- Cheapest cities in Hungary
- Dark side of Hungary
- Dating and finding love as an expat in Hungary
- Pet Parrots?
- Being LGBT in Budapest.
- Szex in Budapest
- Electric Wiring

