Menu
Expat.com
Search
Magazine
Search

International Relations

I ignore your comments - @SimCityAT

Ditto

1 member reacted to this post

There were 210 000 deaths in the EU resulting from mental and behavioural disorders, equivalent to 4.3% of all deaths, in 2023.


🔹 Relative to the population size, there were 41.1 deaths per 100 000 inhabitants.


Regions with the highest rates:

Hannover (95.3 deaths per 100 000 inhabitants)

Overijssel (95.2)

Noord-Brabant (92.1)


Regions with the lowest:

Yugozapaden (0.4)

Yugoiztochen (0.5)

BucureĹźti-Ilfov (0.7)

More data 👉  https://link.europa.eu/vNMM4h

UK and allies back International Criminal Court over US sanctionshttps://www.itv.com/news/2026-10-09/uk- … -sanctions - @SimCityAT In a joint statement, the remaining G7 nations – the UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan – as well as Denmark and the Netherlands, said they “regret and strongly disagree with” the sanctions.I just predicted that - See my post above - @FredI ignore your comments - @SimCityAT

I know, and that's much of the reason you ate so badly informed about geopolitics

UK and allies back International Criminal Court over US sanctionshttps://www.itv.com/news/2026-10-09/uk- … -sanctions - @SimCityAT In a joint statement, the remaining G7 nations – the UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan – as well as Denmark and the Netherlands, said they “regret and strongly disagree with” the sanctions.I just predicted that - See my post above - @FredI ignore your comments - @SimCityAT
I know, and that's much of the reason you ate so badly informed about geopolitics - @Fred

Not at all, I am not sad old man who thinks everyone else is stupid and that I am right beliving every conspiracy theory. Fluffy also have the upper hand that we both live in Europe so experience events first hand.

1 member reacted to this post

Mr. Dunning and Mr. Kruger at work.

Not at all, I am not sad old man who thinks everyone else is stupid and that I am right beliving every conspiracy theory. Fluffy also have the upper hand that we both live in Europe so experience events first hand. - @SimCityAT

Yes indeed, we're both rational commentators interested in measured and intelligent discussion.  I wish we had more people commentating to get quality points. 


BTW, I've just heard Trump's approval rating is 11%.  Looks like a bonus shafting of Zelensky while brown nosing Putin.  Absolutely ridiculous. 


When Trump's a lame duck, we'll have quite possibly a hiatus of 2 years where nothing will happen. 


There's a couple of things of immediate interest - possibly Congress giving more to Ukraine and Epstein Transparency Act 2.  The latter is to remove the redactions.  There are a lot of Ukraine supporters in Congress. It might be enough to pass legislation to up support to what is needed to defeat Russia.


Another interesting thing these days is the EU is now bleating that its $90M loan to Ukraine is nowhere near enough.


One longer term thing is that we now know what the US really thinks.  My US colleagues often say to me "how does US politics affect you personally?" .   What a stupid question!  But it reflects their life in the mid-West were they do not even know where Ukraine is and all they worry about is the price of fuel.   Try living next door to a war zone.

1 member reacted to this post

https://www.euronews.com/2026/10/09/eu- … rd-imports


The EU spent 8 billion US on Russian gas.

They have to because US gas is far more expensive,  so the EU's politicians know they will get voted out if they buy the stuff from the Yanks.

Of course,this also shows that cash is far more if a concern than who bombs whom.

@fluffy2560

Trump is very desperate at the moment, he is trying to do everything to salvage what he has left. Offering Red Diesel to everyone just shows that. Americans still haven't got $500 from the tarrifs thjey were promised so no one is beliving him and Trump Dividends if the republicans win the midterms.

1 member reacted to this post
@fluffy2560Trump is very desperate at the moment, he is trying to do everything to salvage what he has left. Offering Red Diesel to everyone just shows that. Americans still haven't got $500 from the tariffs they were promised so no one is believing him and Trump Dividends if the republicans win the midterms. - @SimCityAT

It's all Weapons of Mass Distraction (WMD).  Trump is not on track to win the mid-terms.  It'd be an absolute fluke if they retained control of Congress.  It's a fustercluck of Trump's own making. 


I'm beginning to wonder if we're watching a real time reality show and not a government in action.


On the public execution discussion of the Army Major Islamist, I heard a video segment on MSNOW where an outgoing Republican Senator called Thom Tillis said Hegseth was actually an actor, not a manager.  Tillis was on the show to promote his book which is again, is like an arc in a reality show. 


I doubt the execution will be shown live - there's a bit of reversing going on.  But I wouldn't be surprised if Hegseth doesn't actually want to carry out the execution himself either individually or as part of a squad.   Perhaps the coup de grace? 


Go on then Pete, put your money where your mouth is.  Maybe get your political mates like Trump in on it too?


Update:  I asked ChatGPT numerous questions around participation of the President and Secretary of Defense (UK: Defence) directly in the execution.  It thinks there's nothing to stop it per se but could be challenged in a Federal court.  An executive order appointing themselves as Executioners may not be legal as it could usurp Congress's authority but that's not stopped Trump before.

@fluffy2560

Even Vance has said he doubts it will stream, but if a slim chance it is, he won't watch it.

1 member reacted to this post
@fluffy2560Even Vance has said he doubts it will stream, but if a slim chance it is, he won't watch it. - @SimCityAT


He's a convert to Catholicism and one of the Popes I think said they no longer support the death penalty.


Apparently that's a fairly recent change in Popeland - 2018 I think (Pope Francis)


Trump is supposedly a Presbyterian (presumably Scottish)


Hegseth an evangelical (of course) - Protestant

Further reading