British Citizen marrying Tunisian citizen

@Ozitoun right, I see my mother is not the only one. They could win an academy award.

Congratulations 🎊 xxxxxxxx

Hi,

Can anyone that has married a tunisian and is from the UK please tell me step by step what you need.  Where you got got it.

Online is confusing and these comments contradict eachother.

Thanks in advance

Hi I'm currently with a Tunisian man but haven't got married yet, I do know u need an up to date new birth certificate that is dated about 20 to 28 days in date of the wedding for when you file the papers, and u did used to need a certificate of no impediment but I think its  now changed where you swear an affidavit  at the uk embassy in tunisia or at a lawyers office I'm not sure which one, you also need a medical certificate from the doctors taken in tunisa to show you are healthy, obviously  your passport and maybe address details in the UK,  hope that helps

@Chloelee7494

Hi I'm currently with a Tunisian man but haven't got married yet, I do know u need an up to date new birth certificate that is dated about 20 to 28 days in date of the wedding for when you file the papers, and u did used to need a certificate of no impediment but I think its  now changed where you swear an affidavit  at the uk embassy in tunisia or at a lawyers office I'm not sure which one, you also need a medical certificate from the doctors taken in tunisa to show you are healthy, obviously  your passport and maybe address details in the UK,  hope that helps

@kerryw2020

Thank you that is very helpful. Do you know how long the avadit is valid for so you can do the wedding after?

@kerryw2020

Is this all you need before you able to do a registry? So that it's valid.

So all I need to do is get an appointment and give all those docs and they will then confirm it on the day?

How long does the medical need to be done or can this be done after the thing at the embassy?

@Chloelee7494

I'm not sure how long it valid but I think younjustbhand all documents in at the same time to arrange a wedding date

@Chloelee7494

The appointment at the embassy they seem to put out appointments in short spaces , for example you couldn't try and book an appointment months before you wedding as it always seems to show appointments are unavailable,  so if your wedding was like in the next month then try get an appointment  closer to the date so you can hand  in all documents and then there valid for your wedding, these things seem to change all the time so I gues you could go in to the municipal office that your planning on getting married at and ask them directly what documents  you need , hope all goes well and good luck xx

Amazing thanks for your help xx

@kerryw2020

Do you know if they need to be translated into Arabic or French xx

Either Arabic or French is OK but make sure you get it done by a certified translated or I don't think they will accept it

@kerryw2020

Thank you 😊.  How do I find certified translators?

Sorry for all the questions

@Chloelee7494

Either the embassy could give you a list or Google it when your in tunisia, or maybe your partner can find one, it's OK no problem ask anything

• @kerryw2020 thank you.  Do you know if we can take the avadit at them embassy as early as june if we planning to marry in Oct

I'm not sure about that, I think there is usually a time limit on documents, I personally would get it further to the date that u need it

@kerryw2020 hi kerry thank you 😊

@Chloelee7494 no problem, are you planning on living in tunisia  or ylis your partner moving to the UK, just curious, I'm planning on living in tunisa

@kerryw2020 I am planning on him moving to the UK.

I have looked at living in Tunisia however it doesn't seem very straight forward

@lainahudson can you give a step by step of when and how you got things?

Are you living in tunisa or is he coming to uk?

I don't understand the 21 day birth certificate, do you have to order a new one?

I don't understand the birth certificate 21 days? What does this mean? You have to apply for a copy ,? Confused

@cherilcorbett938 yes you do it needs to be a new copy

@shaz3567 Hi, congraulations on getting married. Once you took this at the embassy what did you need for the registry in Tunisia? I am getting married in October so understand I need the above and don't need a CNI from UK?

Did you do this a few weeks before the wedding? was there anything you did before this for the wedding?

@lainahudson Hi,

Can you confirm what you needed for the registry office? and what you took with you for embassy etc. I am getting Married in october and want to make sure I do everything.

Hi,

I'm looking to marry my Tunisian boyfriend in Tunisia, what are the first steps?

I keep hearing so many different things.

@lainahudson

Hi,

Are you able to advise what the steps are to get married in Tunisia.

I keep hearing so many different things.