Information about marriage

Hi!
I'm from Hungary and l have plan get married with my boyfriend in tunis. Can who tell me which documents l need to have ?
Thanks for answer
@Szucsmarcsika76 Well Congratulations on being engaged to get married. I just moved to Tunisia from the United States March 30th. I got married to a Tunisian on May 19th. 
   I had my birth certificate and passport and copy of divorce papers and I changed my name so I had copies  of that and passports noterized and then had to do medical tests both and a thé have all paperwork translated  by someone authorized of all paperwork in Arabic and his birth certificate and they all have to have the seal of the courts Or divorce or stuff of that nature or death certificate. And go to tunis and have appointments in an email they will send you a time and be there half an hour early to your embassy and for $50 your native money they will give you paper saying you are not currently married and free to marry. It's called an affidavit of eligibility to marry. Translating could be $100 or $75 usd or 250 to 300 dinar. Good luck but any other questions réfère to the Tunisian government website.
Just curious.. why Tunisian men get married to American, Hungarian, other foreigner women..? Aren't there any women in Tunisia..? 🤔 or are these men have other socio-economic-religious motives..? FYI - Just asking for a friend.. 🙏

@kuriako  easy answer they do have what are called Tunisian Love Rats. Looking for an American or European woman that can get them to a better country or green card and they think we're all rich. Tunisia is a poor country and no work. Most are just liars . Some decent guys but it's economic.

Hello there.. 😊

Thanks for reaching out.. appreciate it.. 🙏

If you do a historical analysis of the scenario.. it was not the case 10-15 years ago..!!

No, not just because of Jazmine revolution.. the current trend began even much later than 2011.

Tunisia was a French Colony prior to it's independence as you already know. Even when it was a French colony, Tunisian never intermarried with Europeans and or other nationals, other than Muslims from Libya/Algeria.

So, there's much greater ideological change among Tunisian young generation, who doesn't care anymore about religion/culture/ethnicity rather they seek only better living/more money/higher social status.

Islam loosing it's grips on Tunisian young generation..? 😢

I know you see that every day while living in Tunisia..! I'm not against Tunisians marrying someone from different culture/religion/ethnicity. However, I'm concerned about Tunisians loosing the values, which used to be core to it's heart.

Any way, good luck and stay safe there.. 😷

Kuriako

@kuriako well for what you think ? i mean is obviously that the new generations now want a better life a work more stability life so for them is ok to marriage an older woman to offer to them all these ,also Tunisian womens they have a lot expectations and need a lot of  money for a Tunisian trational marriage that the most of these mens cant support to offer to Tunisian womens so foreigners is a solution as they not care much for a marriage like this ...of course internet play a big rule that the people can contact anymore all over the world so you can meet your other half in any country not only Tunisia or Uk or USA or Europe...yes i agree that they thing we are millionaire perhaps only cos we can afford a travel and many of womens offers to them vacations,car ,clothes ,phones and the promise of better life ...yes Tunisia change but not so much as i think perhaps

I will be getting married in January 2023 to a tunisan man ,I am older than him. But it's not a problem for him or me too. I have met his family and they welcome me. The only people that have a problem with this sort of thing. Is the judgement of society. My god and his god brought us together for a reason. I have never experienced love like I have now, and I don't ever think I will feel like the way I do for this man ,with anyone but him. YES there is alot of love rats, not just in tunisa, but all over the world. And yes we hear so many sad stories. But sometimes the story is real and genuine. So back off with the nasty comments. Until you go through this situation..The world is so judgemental. I suggest live your lives, and be happy, because tomorrow is not promised to no-one. ❤
[moderated: As we are on the English speaking forum, we invite you to post in English only please so that everyone can understand and participate.]
Moderated by Vero last year
Reason : We invite you to post your messages in English on the English-speaking forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
ENGLISH  please as this is an English speaking forum.
il y a des traducteurs ce site est INTERNATIONAL1f310.svg1f310.svg
Ce site a vocation d'être international donc ouvert à tous les pays du monde , avec leurs traditions et leurs langues.
Le réserver,  qu'aux anglais est de la discrimination. Je rappelle pour ceux qu'il le savent pas, qu'il existe la traduction, n'en déplaise aux modérateurs. Salutations d'un Français
Hello Maurice Doye,

Indeed I agree with your point.

But this is an English speaking forum and the members that interact on this forum, Tunisia forum may not understand French.

We do have a french speaking forum for Tunisia: Forum Tunisie where you are more than welcomed to start discussions and engage with other members solely in French.

I thank you for your understanding.

Yoginee
Expat.com team

@lainahudson Happy for you both , and yes love rats are throughout the world , be positive and fight for your love 💕

Thankyou. I will fight on because I love him so much. I know we are going to have some difficult times ahead. But it will all be worth it. 😁

I have a question, the marriage validation paper that need to be stamp at the embassy, is it a form that the embassy has or is it a documents that one gets from the Tunisian government and take to the embassy for Notory?

@Suzieqz

I have a question for you? Does your birth certificate have to be within 20 days

21/1/1992

@Suzieqz

hi my name is veronica i live in california but im in tunisia i have some question regarding marriage

Hi Everyone, I just recently got back from Tunisia I'm an Australian and I was there for 6 weeks and I will be marrying the love of my life next month when I return, We have been dating for nearly a year and yes he's younger than me and we are so in love and we are happy together, He loves my children and my children love him that's all that matters to us, And I met he's family and they are just Beautiful People and Tunisia is a Beautiful Country 😍 Tunisian Men isn't Love Rats at all and My Love is a good Man and he's Kind Caring Loving and He takes care of he's Family and Us so this is my opinion and We are very happy 😊

Cheers Lorraine

1f910.svg1f910.svg1f910.svg1f910.svg

@Miko Acosta

I've been trying to find this information too. Did you manage to find out?