Information on marrying in Tunisia

Hi
I'm from America and I have a fiancee that lives in Tunisia.We plan on getting married next year in Tunisia but I'm still in America I never been out of my country. Do you have any information on how me and him can get married or what we have to do or have to get married ? I also want him to  live in America with me but I don't know what all we have to do?
If you could help me or give me some information I would appreciate it.
Thanks so much.

To get married in tunisia you will need your birth certificate, less than 3 months old and an ID. When you get her you will need an appointment with the us embassy to hey a peice of paper saying that you are free to marry.
As for him coming to America it will take time, at least 8 months. There is a spouse visa and a fiancé visa, both require you to have a sponsor into the country.

Americangirl31 wrote:

Hi
I'm from America and I have a fiancee that lives in Tunisia.We plan on getting married next year in Tunisia but I'm still in America I never been out of my country. Do you have any information on how me and him can get married or what we have to do or have to get married ? I also want him to  live in America with me but I don't know what all we have to do?
If you could help me or give me some information I would appreciate it.
Thanks so much.

If you wish to marry here in Tunisia you need the following:

Birth certificate no older than 21 days prior to date of marriage
If you have been married previously all documents of divorce
Passport
All documents must be originals - make copies and have them certified also.
All these need to be translated into Arabic/French - this can be done quickly and cheaply here in Tunisia.
They should all be certified
When you arrive you and your fiance must have blood tests - go to the doctor who will order these tests, then take the results back and he will stamp and sign.

As for a visa - that will take time and a lot of money!!

Hello this is simple, get your passport asap, birth certificate translated into French, once you are in TUNISIA both of you go to the  municipalité  submit your paperwork. It's takes like 1 week to get the marriage license.  If he is Muslim and wants to marry you at the mosque you will need an imaan a wali for the ceremony.

If you fly from New York city Boston or LA tickets are very cheap to Tunisia.  I saw a flight from New York city yesterday it's about $600 ... there's another cheap option which is going to Europe  (Madrid 4 example ) then you may take a plane with a cert cheap airline like Ryanair... to tuni5maube you will paying  €100 up to €130 200 from European city to Tunisia. 
I can give you more information... I have Viber and whatsapp I live in Vegas and also are in the same situation...1702 249 5116

Hi
Im new here and im thinkkng about marrying my tunisan boyfriend in tunisa.  My only problem is i dont have a birth certificate and it is impossible to get one.  I was born in vietnam during war, came over with my american stepdad and became a naturalized cititzen.  I do have an american passport though.  Help please!!

HI
IF YOU HAVE A PASSPORT YOU HAVE A BIRTH CERT , ASK YOU STEP DAD THERE HAS TO BE A RECORD OF YOUR BIRTH SOMEWHERE . OTHER WISE YOU DONT EXIST .

Hi
I have a birth certificate but its not less than three months like other posts say?

he there! I'm Bangladeshi.I want to get married in Tunis . But my girlfriend is algerian   citizen and I live in Portugal ( I have Portuguese residence card) . Anybody knows what documents are required and how long will be taken to get married certificate...

You should contact both of your embassies in Tunisia as well as the Tunisian and Bangladesh embassy in Portugal and ask them because this is a lot of different parties involved. I assume after marriage you will try to bring her to Portugal? This should also be asked about when you go looking for information.

Does anyone know how long a cni certificate last for in Tunisia?

Hi Misstillymints
Do you planning to marry in Tunisia?

Yes