English girl marrying Tunisian man

English girl marrying in Tunisia.

What documents are needed?

Do I have to be in Tunisia a certain time before I marry?

Thanks
@courtneylouiise

No you don't need to, British counsel will provide a marriage documents after listing your request, also birth certificate, but take care.

Your new Tunisian husband may not even be allowed to visit UK.

After being in the UK for 40 years and having properties in Tunisia and married for 7 years, my dear Tunisian wife were denied entry, may be there is something wrong with the lates Human equalities.

Good luck, and I lover Djerba / Tunisia, but I do miss the fish and chips. 1f603.svg
Thanks for getting back. I read somewhere in a forum that my birth certificate needs to be produced no earlier than 21 days before marriage however, I am flying out 21 days before wedding so birth certificate will be longer than 21 days. Will this be ok?

Required documents for expat in tunisia

-New birth certification for both spouses
-A copy of the passport of each of the spouses
-Medical certificate for the purpose of marriage for each of the spouses
-A certificate of celibacy for each of the spouses in the event that they are not married
-The ruling on divorce is final and final if one of the spouses is divorced
-Guarantee of the death of the consort if one of the spouses is widowed
-With regard to the legal age for contracting marriage in Tunisia, it is 18 years for both men and women, and before this age, a judicial permission must be submitted
-Translation of the documents required for the wife
-The amount of the marriage contract during the months of June, July and August in one of the municipalities of Tunis is 235 Tunisian dinars and 125 Tunisian dinars during the remaining months of the year.

note:
Depositing the required documents at least one week before the date of the marriage contract with one of the municipality departments in Tunis, and the date of validity of the documents does not exceed twenty days prior to the date of the contract
Thank you so much for your detailed response.

I read somewhere in a forum that my birth certificate needs to be produced no earlier than 21 days before marriage however, I am flying out 21 days before wedding so birth certificate will be longer than 21 days. Will this be ok?

@courtneylouiise i'm not sure but maybe the embassy of your country deliver all documents you need

Bonjour,
J'entends beaucoup de choses négatives sur la mentalité des tunisiens.. 
Je souhaite prendre une affaire à djerba à mon nom et mettre mon ami (tunisien) responsable . Selon vous ,est ce possible? Quelles sont les démarches administratives à prévoir afin d'être en règles avec les lois tunisienne ?
Pouvez- vous me donner des renseignements et de m'orienter vers un avocat fiable et honnête en cas de besoin avant de me lancer dans une nouvelle aventure. J
e vous remercie pour votre lecture
Pardonnez moi des erreurs de frappe

Permettez-moi de vous demander des renseignements et/ou de m'orienter vers un(e) avocat(e) fiable et honnête en cas de besoin .
Je vous remercie
@ijcfroissart
bonjour
faire un recherche sur google avec les mots clee"avocat ""l'endroit ou vs ete installe exp: tunis,djerba.." vs trouvez plusiers

I'm from USA I want to marry an A Tunisia guy what will I need to do that.

Hi I've been in relationship with a Tunisian man for 3 years I'm currently not working does this prevent me from marriage to him please can you let me know

@lyndseybarker33 your job have nothing to do with the marriage it self , ive been with an irish girl for 3 years shes not working either , we got married last month  by a minister ,all you need to bring with you is your birth certificate ( must be maximum 1 month old ) freedom of marriage from your country , marriage authorization from your embassy in tunisia , your passport ,and if you divorced a divorce certificate , other than that you dont need anything else but maybe translating whatever the minister ask you to translate , for my case it was my wife birth certificate thats all

@courtneylouiise it should be ok , the minister told me it shouldnt be older than 21 days at first but when my girl came it was 1 and half month old and it was no problem

I'm going to Tunisia next week to Marry My Love and all I need to bring is Single status certificate My Birth Certificate and my Passport and I can get my Medical certificate when I'm in Tunisia

@lorrainew2700 hi how are you, can you please put me in contact with your spouse here in Tunisia to ask him about papers as I'm going to marry my love a British woman actually and thank you :)

What I needed is my Birth Certificate, My Single Status Certificate, My No Impediment Certificate and My Passport that's all I needed I'm from Australia 🇦🇺

I'm due to travel to tunisia in November.

Is it possible to get all of the documents approved at the embassy then, if I plan to marry next April?

Or would I have to do it in April.

I'm trying to work out if the marriage permit issued at the embassy has an expiry date?