New members of the Mauritius forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Mauritius forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Mauritius if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello Everyone,
This is my first time on the forum.  My wife and I plan to retire in Mauritius in about 9 years.  We currently live in Miami, FL.  We are happy to meet everyone. My intent is to learn from everyone on the forum in preparation for our permanent move. Thank you in advance for all the help you will provide.

Hi Everyone

I have just moved to Mauritius from South Africa, originally from Botswana. I live and work in the North. I am keen to connect and meet new people and to explore the island.

Hi ! I am a french recently graduating in wood engineering. I plan on coming in february or march to search for a job. I appreciate any advice ! I'm into hicking, diving, sailing, and social event. Can't wait to come and meet some of you

Good morning and thank you for this amazing resource! I will be settling in Moka on a part time basis from march this year and will be launching my learning & development business peoplepower.mu to bring world class interactive and simulation based learning to my new home!

Hello!

I'm new to the forum, but have been in Mauritius for the past 6 years! Originally from Zimbabwe, I live in the Grand Baie area and run a recruitment agency here.

So do feel free to reach out to me if you have any concerns with regards to visas, finding work, home service providers, and talent for your new business in Mauritius!

I'm also active in the social club scene and basic exploring around so we can connect over that as well!

Cheers,
Tinashe

Hello, my name is Marie-Pierre and I am coming from France. Actually, i am living in France in Bordeaux with my husband and we will coming in Mauritius next week for 1 week. We were already coming in Mauritius.
I am physiotherapist and osteopath with french and english certification and I would like to find the possibility to work in mauritius like a physiotherapist or osteopath at the end of 2022 and during 2023 for few weeks or few months to see if we could living in Mauritius for a long time like expats.
Best regards :)))

Hello,

A warm welcome to everybody!

Thanks for introducing yourselves :)

Please go ahead and create new threads on the Mauritius forum on your topics of interest to gather as much info as possible and accomplish your goals.

I would also advise you to read the Living in Mauritius guide. It contains all the essential knowledge to plan and navigate one's life as an expat here.

Good luck,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Hi, I am coming to Mauritius shortly with my partner who grew up there. Initially for a month to see how we get on.

We will be staying in La Gaulette and hoping to explore the whole Island. I am interested in playing golf while I am there.

Good afternoon everyone,

I am a Mauritian citizen but I have been living as an expatriate for more than one decade successively in Madagascar, Seychelles, United Arab Emirates and Qatar.

My husband and I have returned to our native land for an undetermined period since December 2021, after my husband lost his latest job in Qatar in December 2021 and he is actively looking for a full-time job here. Our son is continuing his education in a local private school and is doing his distance learning temporarily until face to face classes resume by the beginning of February. I am unemployed but looking for a job too, preferably in remote, and in parallel looking after our son's education and trying to set up an online individual business as well.

Thank you for having launched this topic and this platform and to allow us to connect to each other :)

Hi there,
I'm interested in cooking, film, Mauritian music and finding out more about the country.
Chat soon X

Hi! I'm Jeff from USA. I am here with my wife Jo who is from Ghana. This is our 2nd time living in Mauritius. We were here for 6 months right before covid. We recently arrived here again and are planning on staying 1-2 years. We like everything outdoors, food, good conversation and anything fun!

Would love to connect with other fun, friendly people to socialize and explore the island!

Im currently studying in Mauritius and open to meeting new people to hang out with and share some laughter together. Sometimes it can be so boring going out alone

Hi, I'm Odette, my partner and I just moved here a few days ago - right before the cyclone arrived. It's my first time here, my partner has been many times and his parents also live here. We're staying in Flic en Flac at the moment.
I'm a fertility awareness educator for women but I am also an elementary/primary school teacher. Plus I teach Zumba and Yoga.
My partner and I both grew up abroad - me in different Asian countries and him in Africa - Congo.
Looking to go on adventures and explore the island.

Hello everyone i hope everyone is safe and secure since everything is starting to ease up.  iI am planning on coming for a vacation next month.  I am currently staying in india. Any idea for a nice hotels closest to the city ? Nice places to go out during day and night i am adventurous guy i like exploring things.
Thank you and be safe !!

Welcome 90princeverma on the forum  :)

You can find a lot of informations on the Mauritius directory page including a list of hotels.

Feel free to create also a new topic on Mauritius Forum, the members of the community will advise you by sharing informations  :top:

Enjoy your vacation

Isabelle
Expat.com Team

Hi my name is prince i will be arriving mauritius next month in the end. I will be new there and wont have any friends i am happy  to hang out if you like and take it from there.

Hi..welcome to Mauritius ..looking forward to meet you

Hi everyone.  I'm British and recently moved to live in Mauritius, after many years living and teaching in Laos and Myanmar.  I'm a science teacher, and nowadays I only teach online.  Since I arrived here some 5 weeks ago, I have been able to rent a nice house with a pool, rent a car, apply and receive my annual Premium visa, and teach online everyday using the excellent 15 Rs/day, unlimited internet package from Mauritius Telecom :)

Hi everyone,

I'm from Kenya, been in Mauritius for slightly over a month now. Would like to connect and atleast make some friends who I can hang out with.  I live in Vacoas, happy to interact and meet new people

Hi Julian,
How r u?
I am Looking, for a Job here, maybe with a “Expat Company”
Part Time, I'm Australian.
New Freinds!🙂 is Good, too. Happy ❤️Valentines, Day to everyone!:) it happen to be That, day Today:).
Look forward, to Talking to Some people, Soon:).
Coffee ☕️ is, Amazing.
I'm becoming: Citizen here.
Look forward to hearing, from you,
Kate

Hi there  :)

We just moved to Mauritius from the country Georgia. We lived there for a year but we are originally from South Africa.

I'm doing a refresher diving course and my husband will be doing his diving course so will soon get into more of that. We love hanging out on the beach and want to get into a few other watersports, still very new though so will explore the options.

We really love exploring new restaurants and bars with good conversation. Would love to meet some other people who would also like to explore and get together.

Best wishes,
Geozel and Paul

Hi Kate - In what area are you? - Sorry I thought I was replying to the msg directly. Woopsie  :D

Hi

I am intending to move, may we please connect.

Hi there,
My partner and I have put our plans for moving to Mauritius on hold for over 2 years... since The pandemic changed everyone's plans.
Looks like we are able to see some light at the end of the tunnel again.
Any advice on where is best to post my Resume and look for reputable work or Joint venture opportunities with international companies?

Hi there

I am from Zimbabwe, Moving next month

Hi
I'm Gry/Dawn 🙂

Planning to visit Mauritius in one years time. Hopefully on a long tourism visa 90 days, applying for a one year visa and then extentions and residency.

I'm from Tromso, Norway above the polar circle.

Thank you for hosting this great resource for expats.

♥️

Hello all, Intending to move to Mauritius from Botswana.

I'm a Computer skills trainer and an IELTS Coach...

Hi I recently moved to Mauritius from Ireland. I'd like to meet up with some people make friends I live in Pereybere if anyone is around this area let me know take care.

Hello all, Intending to move to Mauritius from  Nigeria
I am a trained primary school teacher

Hello, Please how is life over there? Planning to relocate to Mauritius from Nigeria. I am a primary school teacher
Is there opportunities for teachers over there?

Hey fellow expats,
I am Dirk, originally from Germany but lived abroad in several countries for over a decade. I am settling down on Mauritius now. Will be in Grand Baie area and look forward to explore all of the island. Would love to do it on a motorcycle, but not a lot of bikes on offer, except small 125cc thumpers.
Have a great day and look forward to see some of you soon.

Dirk my name is Aubrey I recently moved to Mauritius from Ireland I stay in Pereybere let me know if you get a motorbike and if you like Maybe we can do some of the island together as I have a motorbike also.

sounds great, will hit you up when im there. flying over on friday.

Hi James

I'm Lynne, British national married to a Mauritian and in the process of selling my house near Paris where I've been living for many years to relocate to Mauritius.
I'm a soft skills learning consultant, with years of international experience, bilingual English/French so if I can help in any way with your new business, that would be great.
Best of luck in getting started!

Hi James,

Hope you are doing well!

How long have you been in Mauritius for? And where do you come from?

Let me know when you are around the north, would be very much interested to hear more about your business.

Kind regards,
Clara

]Hi my name is prince i will be arriving mauritius in 2 weeks time. I am looking for some cool people to hangout with who can tell me about mauritius. I will be staying at port louis. Cheers

@dirk_nomad welome and enjoy  

@tinashealpha  hello can we had a chat i am also in recruitment .

Hello everyone, my name is Wu Xuping, I am a Chinese, I am applying for a senior visa in Mauritius, my parents have retired in their 60s, I plan to apply for retirement for them, and then our family will move to Mauritius to live, I hope Can be friends with you.

Closed