Permanent residence + change of employer

Hello All

I am in a bit if a situation here and was wondering if anyone could guide/advise.

I have just started the process for the type D visa from commune 1000 and have my annex16 bis
Meanwhile i have been offer an employment from another Belgian company. As I have recently applied I know that in the worst case I will have to wait for 5 months.

Can anyone change an employer while being in the middle of the permanent residence application?

Thank you.

Yes you can. If there wont be a gap in employment, even better :)

Hello  Aneesh

Thank you for replying back. Is there a website which i can use as a reference? The vlaanderen.be website does not have anything in particular when it comes to change in employment while being in the process for type D visa.
Yes, there wont be a gap in employment. :)

Now I am a bit confused. I thought you were talking about type D permanant resident card. Is it not the case ?.

Can you explain what you mean by type D visa ? (Did you arrive here on type D visa, now processing your residence permit and you want to change employer ?)

I had a Type A card and then after 5 years now I have applied for a type D card ( permanent residence) with commune 1000.  As we speak I am in the process and am awaiting for the type D card.

However, I have been offered an employment from another employer and now I wonder if I can change an employer while being in the middle of the process for permanent residence.

Ok, clear.

Your application was accepted because you meet the criteria for D type card. So, changing employer now is not an issue. When you change employer, do talk to your local townhall and ask if it is nessesary to inform this change to the authorities that are processing your D card application.

Brilliant!

Thank you very much.

Dear Aneesh-
I'll submit my pr now after 5 years and my company normally renew my work permit.
What should I do in the commune and what document I need to apply for PR.

Many thanks