Visiting Istanbul

We, a family of six adults, are hoping to visit Istanbul for 4 weeks starting July 16 and will be staying at Mercan Novus Residence apartment hotel located on the intersection of Cumhuriyat Cd and Cebel Toru Sk.

Any tips on grocery stores, restaurants, and other utilities in and around that area will be most helpful since its our first visit to Istanbul.

We are also looking for possible city and Bhosphorus tours during our stay there.

Welcome!

There is a Dia Supermarket on Cuminhuriyet Cad. that you will probably find convenient. It has the basics. If you can walk (about 20 minutes) or take a taxi up into Nisantasi, you can shop at a larger grocery store such as Migros or Carrefour. If you want a store similar to Whole Foods in the US, you can also find nice products, but more expensive at Macro Center, which is located in City's Mall in Nisantasi.

Enjoy your stay!

Hi Joy, Thanks so very much for the info. Thats very useful. Dia Supermarket should be ideal for our needs. Will ask the residence folks on how to get there.

Any ideas on long distance train trip to Ankara where we have some old friends we would like to visit?

Do you live in Istanbul (west side)? Where is Sisil located? Maybe you can join us all for a cuppa coffee when we are there? Email me please at fazlis@gmail.com

HI,
I'M A FREELANCE TOURIST GUIDE

[moderated: please register in the business directory]

Sisli i think.