Bringing a Domestic Worker in Turkey?

Hi! I was wondering if anybody have an idea on how to bring a domestic worker here in Turkey. I know some agencies offer them but I wanted a specific one from my home country. She has been with us(my family) for 11 years and I want to take her here. I was told it will be very hard to do so. But if any one have an experience on this I would really be happy. Thank you.

Were you told that by any Filipino residing in Turkey who has tried bringing in a domestic worker?

Your best bet would be to get in touch with the consulate and discuss the matter with them.

Good luck
Z

Hi, thanks for the quick response. I called the embassy way back but they say they dont know anything about it. Great help, right? 😒

By any chance, do u have any idea?

You called the Turkish embassy?

Oh you mean, she has to call Turkish embassy? I thought I should call Philippine embassy here(which I already did). So Turkish embassy in Philippines can help her eh?

Yes. Well.. To be honest, I would expect all consulates to be the same.. But I think the best thing would be to call the Turkish embassy back home.. and check with them.

They will be able to give you the best solution.

Great. Thanks bunches for the idea. That'll be a good start. Will tell her to do that. Quite hard to deal with Turkish embassy back home though but I guess it's worth the shot. Again, thank you for your time. 😊

No problem..
Hope this will be helpful..
Good luck

Hi Kavimuchi, I have a similar situation to you. My fiancee has worked in the Republic of Cyprus for nearly 5 years and hopes to be able to join me in Turkey after her work contract finishes and we get married in October.

After a lot of investigation we have found that it might be possible to "invite" a Filipino friend, relation or employee to Turkey by stating that they would be given the opportunity to explore the culture, geography and history of this wonderful country.

I am in the process of doing this myself for my fiancee and will be happy to share my experiences (hopefully positive!) with you if you would like, and have just sent a request to add you to my contacts.

Magandang kapalaran and salamat (good luck and thank you!)

Bob

@dimps99 thank you for the response. Anyway, I'm not really sure about that "invite" thing because from Philippines it would be hard to do that if you dont have documents to prove that you will be back(social security, job, bank statement, etc). I myself experience that when I was applying for a visa from Philippines to visit Turkey through "invite". I didn't have any problem at all though when I applied for a Turkish visa in Denmark. If I'm not mistaken, I saw your post abt your concern abt your fiancee. I don't understand why she can't take visa from Cyprus(no idea of legal stuff/agreement though). It is easier to take visas from abroad than from Philippines. They are rude too(Filipino staff from Turkish Embassy).😒 So, I would like to do it the legal way of employing somebody. 😪

Unfortunately Cyprus is not yet a Schengen member, due to the political problems with Turkey occupying the northern part of the country. The politicians are discussing a solution right now but that could take years!

Anyway, salamat!

Bob (aka Dimps)

By the way .. you stated that you obtained a Turkish visa when you were in Denmark. Did you get into Denmark by obtaining a visa from the Philippines Embassy in Denmark?

Hi Bob,

It would be great if you could share your experience on this thread as it will be helpful to any other individual who might be in a similar situation.

Thank you for your productive and helpful input on the forum.

Good luck
Z

Dimps99 wrote:

Hi Kavimuchi, I have a similar situation to you. My fiancee has worked in the Republic of Cyprus for nearly 5 years and hopes to be able to join me in Turkey after her work contract finishes and we get married in October.

After a lot of investigation we have found that it might be possible to "invite" a Filipino friend, relation or employee to Turkey by stating that they would be given the opportunity to explore the culture, geography and history of this wonderful country.

I am in the process of doing this myself for my fiancee and will be happy to share my experiences (hopefully positive!) with you if you would like, and have just sent a request to add you to my contacts.

Magandang kapalaran and salamat (good luck and thank you!)

Bob

Hi Xeeschan ... yes of course I will share my experiences (hopefully good!) on the forum, and thank you for providing such a useful and informative website.

I got my visa to Denmark from Norwegian Embassy in Philippines(there's no Danish Embassy there). If you think your fiancee has all the supporting documents, I dont think it will be hard for her to get a visa coming here. Otherwise, it would be best to get visa somewhere else(if it's possible).

Thank you Bob
Good luck

Dimps99 wrote:

Hi Xeeschan ... yes of course I will share my experiences (hopefully good!) on the forum, and thank you for providing such a useful and informative website.

Hello guys. I just like to add few think about turkey visa. If you like to come turkey for live,work and holiday. You must get Turkish visa from your home country Turkish embassy. If you are not from European citizens. We have a visa agreement with few countries but not with all countries.  For example. If you are from Philippine citizen you must apply Turkish visa only when you are in the Philippines. You can not apply Turkish visa from Europe or Cyprus if you are not from those country.. because you must prove all document ( work paper and salary- bank statement- hotels and flight ticket and why you are going in turkey) . If you like to come for live and work you must get work contract from Turkish employer to prove who will take you here .
Good luck.if you have more questions Pls don't hesitate to contact

@dimps and @lonelyboy
Sorry I wasn't able to clarify the situation. I was able to get a Turkish visa in Denmark as I was legally living there(with residence permit not under tourist visa). And I assume Bob's fiancee is too in Cyprus.

@dimps Bob, why she can't get Turkish visa from Cyprus(from Turkish embassy)?

P.S. Sorry zero idea on really how it works in Cyprus. And the thing they have with Turkey.

Hello dear. Where are you from originally.  Do you have a Denmark passport. And your finance where is she living in Cyprus  ( turkish side or Greece side) what she is doing there If she is living in Turkish Cyprus side.she is working there and she has rezidans permit visa in Cyprus.  Where she from originally

Hi Kavimuchi,
I think the main difference between Cyprus and Denmark is that Cyprus is not a Schengen country. I have contacted various embassies/consulate offices in Cyprus, the Philippines , and Turkey without any luck.

My local British Consulate in Turkey, where I live, have advised that if Lhyn could get a visa to visit as Schengen country then she could apply for a visa to visit Turkey ... and this appears to be our best hope at the moment. But how can she get a Schengen visa without going back to the Philippines?

The other route I am trying is to find a Turkish citizen to employ Lhyn - once she is here in Turkey I think she can apply for a Turkish Residency Permit (for one year at a time - exactly the same as what I have). But nobody seems able, or willing, to confirm that this is possible.

Thanks for your continued help and concern, Bob

Hi Lonelyboy,
My fiancee is in southern Cyprus (the Greek side) on a Work Permit, working for a Russian family. She got her visa while in Manila and it looks like she/we will have to go back there to get a visa to come to Turkey.

We plan to marry in Cyprus in September, and this might make things a little bit easier ... but I'm not sure as I think the Philippines will only give her a work permit.

Hello dimps99
I believe that I mentioned everything clearly what you wanted to learn about turkey visa. But I will mentioned again below Pls read it carefully.
1. If you are not from Europe and not hold European passport you can not come in turkey with out visa or you can not get any visa when you landing in any turkey airport.
2. If your country dosent have to visa agreement between turkey. You can not come without visa in turkey.
3. If you are from one of the asia countries. ( Philippines. etc. ) you must back to your country and need to apply Turkish visa from your home land Turkish embassy where ever located.
4. You must prove everything before apply Turkish visa . Even if you like to come for visit as tourist. ( not easy and no guarantee )
5. If you like to work in turkey for Philippines citizen you must finform Turkish employer who need staff from asia country. After you can get work visa but it is hard. Maybe if you find agency in Philippines  who is hiring staff for overseas country.
6. You must prove your budget and it will be not free you must pay some fee for that.
Any more question contact with me on pm

Bob,

"If" Lhyn has Schengen visa, yes it would be easy for her to acquire a Turkish visa in Philippines(fingers crossed). Aren't there any embassies in Cyprus? Turkish embassy or Schengen countries embassy? Normally,  it won't be hard to get visas if you are an expat(legally living that is). And abt the marriage in September, I think it'll be a lot easier for u to take her here once you are married. Are u a Turkish citizen, Bob? I mean did u apply for citizenship since you've been living here anyway?

@lonelyboy_ist

Nope I dont have danish passport. Just a normal residence permit.

Kavimuchi
If Lynn has a schengen visa it is only for Schengen ccountries.  As you know turkey is not in European Union yet. And she must apply Turkish visa only back to home country and apply from her country Turkish embassy. But I don't think so it will be hard to get visa because she has been already overseas before but she must prove everything when apply.  Also she can get visa for visiturkey as a tourist after will be so easy to get visa for stay.

@lonelyboy

I'm not saying that she can get in to Turkey using Schengen visa. As I have secured Turkish visa myself even though I am a resident of Denmark back then. I'm saying is that if u have valid Schengen or U.S. visa, it can probably help you secure a visa. Having stayed overseas is not a guarantee to get visa easier as I have been abroad for some time before taking Turkish visa and I got denied the first time.

@dimps99

This might be a contradicting statement but I just remembered that when I applied for Turkish visa I have my Schengen visa already in my passport as well as my tickets but they still denied me as I don't have supporting documents. It can be really tough in Philippines but u can always try.😉
I got my visa approved(went back 2 days after it was denied) after I pleaded for a Turkish staff there to consider my application as I have my visa and tickets to Denmark already. Maybe just got lucky. Hoping for the best for Lhyn.

Hi Kavimuchi,
I am British but do not have Turkish citizenship as I have not had a residency visa for 8 years yet. We plan on getting married in Cyprus in September but based on my enquiries this will not make any difference to Lhyn's application for a Turkish visa. To get a British passport after marrying me she will first need to live in Britain for 3 years ... but she can't even get a visa to get in Britain without going back home first.

I have contacted the relevant Embassies in Cyprus, Ankara, and Manila but they all tell me the same old story ... Lhyn will have to go back to Manila to apply for a Turkish visa. Crazy!

However, I have a few more lines of enquiry to pursue and will let you know if I have any luck ... otherwise it looks like I will be adding a Philippines stamp to my passport by the end of this year!

Hi Lonely Boy,
We have already established that if Lhyn can get a Schengen visa then she CAN apply for a Turkish visa! I am currently working on an idea to get her a Schengen visa without going home first - I have been told that an "invitation" from someone in Austria for example could enable her to go to Austria for a "cultural holiday/visit" before applying for a Turkish visa. Strange but true!

How can these these things be so hard? Anyway, best of luck and best wishes to you and Lhyn. 😊😊😊

i want to work in turkey anybody who needs helper?