How to verify authenticity of Employment letter

I received appointment letter from Alghufran Hospital instanbul. I do not know whether its legit or not.

Hello Nocyno1,

Welcome on board !

Has anyone asked money from you ?

How did you initially apply for their offer or contact them ?

Regards,

Bhavna

@Bhavna months ago i made a profile on job seeking database. When they contacted me they said they have seen my profile there and were keen to know if im interested. I then sent my cv. They replied that they will get back to me. They did with an appointment letter. They said i must apply for foreign worker's permit that i will for but once its done and sent to them.

Is it this "hospital" https://www.alghufranhospital.com/ ?

They said i must apply for foreign worker's permit that i will for but once its done and sent to them.
-@nocyno1

If they want money for the permit, it's a scam.

Is it this "hospital" https://www.alghufranhospital.com/ ?
-@Bhavna

Registry Expiration: 2023-07-30 10:53:09 UTC

Updated: 2022-07-30 10:53:23 UTC

Created: 2022-07-30 10:53:09 UTC

Set up July - Not looking good

Stolen images on the site - Way too dodgy to be worth any risk

as this one is a new thread, i will try to clarify things once more again (bhavna, you may think to pin this so everyone can see at top among the list of posts):

1) turkey's phone code is 90, gsm numbers start by 5xx, so if it reads +90 5xx, it means it is a gsm number. so they type like +905 xxx, it is same, they just want to confuse you.

2) all leading companies' domain names end by .tr, if there is no .tr, most probably it is fake company.

3) you shoud check address by street view. mostly they use addresses where there is no street views available yet, so you cannot control the place.

4) the company may be legit. but the offer may be coming from another domain name. you should learn how to compare and distingusih. not the visible mail sender name, but the real mail account.

5) you can even copy/paste/search any single paragraph form the web site, you will see that there are several sites with same text. such like the photos.

6) if you dont understand above matters and still believe that you deserve to be paid as much as mercedes's or coca-cola's ceo, go ahead..

@Bhavna yes

Hello everyone,

Please note that I have pinned this thread at the top of the forum.

I invite everyone to read the whole thread carefully and pay special attention to  post #8

All the best,

Bhavna

@nocyno1 Its a scam because you can not apply for a works permit yourself the company must apply for you and they should pay it too its the law here.

I received offer letter from AlJabeel group from Turkey, I just want to ask if this is legit.. Thank you

I have no clue but, if you use your brain, you can work it out.

Did you apply for the job?

If not, of course it's very probably a scam

Have they asked you to pay?

Drrrrrr

See, easy, isn't it?

2 websites, one opened last month, suggests care should be taken

aljabeelgrouptr.com is a scam site

aljubailgroup.com looks real but I can't confirm at this point

I have mentioned it before, if you are good and people want you, they should give you money easy. (when I moved countries they give massive (too much perhaps) compensation.

Me paying for a job, out of the question. (Admittedly I am semi-retirement so easy for me to say)

Application is fine, but they should be interested, you paying anything is not good.

Be proud of what you can or do, people should pay you rather than the other way around.

As a side not why Turkey, enough education enough young people, why should you have a chance??

Again if you are excellent there is a chance, but they should pay you.

@Borraro Please refer to a later posts, I do agree with what you say, still common sense is good to have.

It starts with all the information on the company's letterhead; the person who signed it is a manager. The paper was usually marked with a blue pen, stamped or signed by a notary and then an apostle. Then have it translated and signed in Turkey.

Most places won't let you apostle unless a notary signs the document. It can't be more original than that if it has been notarized or apostilled from the time it was issued.

Most people have it translated and notarized, but the translator will say it's a copy.

How i will check my turkish job offer letter real or fake

Use your brain.

Did you apply for the job?

Have they asked for money?

Hi, i recieved a job offer from Astir Logistics, Yulo Mh, Uskudar, istanbul, i applied through Layboard. In, they ask me to pay a so called corporate travel agency  USD 1090 to obtain a Foreign worker's certificate , please advice, chinnaiyan

Hello chinn1971,

Just to confirm, does the Foreign Worker's Certificate grant you permission to work in Turkey? How does it compare to a working visa?

Before sending any money to an agency, I recommend conducting further research to gather more information.

Hopefully, someone on this forum will be able to assist you.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

It's really easy

IF THEY ASK FOR MONEY - IT'S A SCAM

@Borraro

Dear Borraro,

Need your help.

Couple of days ago, while searching for job i have applied on Ayasgroup Turkey. I have only send them resume. Yesterday, i received an offer letter from them. I am surprised how is this possible , that a company can hire someone on the basis of resume, without even calling him, interview , test or conducting any other thing like these. How can i confirm that whether that offer letter is real or fake. Below are the details.

[link moderated]

Address:

Güney Sümbül Sk. No. 4 Kocaeli Istanbul Türkiye

Telephone:

+90 534 309 72 16

It's really easy

-@Fred

This

@Fred

On job offer letter this statement is mentioned.

"Under our Expatriate Statute Law (ESL), the foreign worker must first apply for

the FWC and obtain the certificate at their own expense."

What if i get the FWC and then i camet to know that it was fake offer letter?

It's really easy

-@Fred

This, but read it this time

@Fred I am reported so many times if your employer wants you, he has to pay and arrange for all (inlcuding flight tickets (and hotel) for possible interviews)

If you receive a job offer that requires you to pay a fee, it does not necessarily mean that it is illegal, fake, or fraudulent. However, it is important to carefully evaluate the offer before accepting it. Ask yourself if you have recently applied for such a job.

You can also check the business database in Turkey to see if the company offering the job is legitimate and confirm the amount of capital that has been paid. If a company wishes to hire foreigners, it must have a paid-in capital of at least 100,000 Turkish lira. Additionally, the company should have a legitimate website and MERSIS/VERGI number and must employ a certain number of Turkish citizens before being eligible to hire a foreigner.

Company requirements

[link under review]

Ministry of Labour Workflow Infographic (Step-by-step)

https://www.csgb.gov.tr/media/90522/a4- … k-2021.pdf

It is important to be aware of certain things when applying for a travel visa. Firstly, if you are being asked to pay a travel agency to arrange your visa for a certain price, it is a warning sign. You can use your own agency of choice instead. Secondly, in most countries, you can apply for a visa through your local Turkish Embassy. The website links for the embassy are visa.gov.tr and evisa.gov.tr/en/apply/.

If someone asks you to use their agency for travel purposes, it's best to decline the offer. It's likely that the job offer is a cover-up for an illegitimate travel agency that requires you to pay fees. The results of your dealings with them could be either positive or negative. To ensure that you're working with a licensed travel agency in Turkey, you can validate the company on the government portal. Here's the URL: https://www.tursab.org.tr/

Please note that if your employer is interested in hiring you, they must first apply through the Ministry of Labour's website. Upon approval, they will be issued a reference code, which you will need to use to start the work visa application process at the local Turkish Embassy. Once the due diligence is complete and your application is approved, you will be instructed to pick up your visa to proceed with your travel to Turkey. Once you arrive in Turkey, your employer will have 30 days to complete the work permit application.

Many unscrupulous employers in Turkey may ask you to enter the country as a tourist and then apply for a residence permit. However, obtaining a permit has become very difficult since December 2022 and is now nearly impossible. This is a major warning sign. Even if you are lucky enough to find a Turkish employer and get approved for residency, they may not apply for a work permit due to the high fees involved, and most Turkish companies can't afford to employ a foreigner as the salary starts at 1.5 times higher for entry-level and if manager or executive then it goes as high as 6.5 times the minimum salary.

Work Permit Fees

https://www.csgb.gov.tr/uigm/genel-bilg … -odenmesi/

Salaries for Foreigners

https://www.csgb.gov.tr/uigm/calisma-iz … riterleri/

At present, there is a high rate of rejection for work permits based on two articles designed to protect Turkish citizens. However, if you are fortunate enough to find a legitimate employer, the process typically begins with submitting your resume or CV, followed by an interview, either in person or online, depending on your location. Once you are selected, you will need to obtain a contract and supporting documents such as your passport, certificates, degrees, diplomas, and biometrics. Then, you can make an application on the Ministry of Labour's website, and the results will take an average of 15-30 days to process.

There are some processes for agriculture and universities that do not require a work permit but are exempt. The process is slightly different, as in most cases, you will arrive in Turkey as a tourist with a letter of invitation that includes a barcode from the company. All original documents need to be notarized locally in Turkey.

Keep in mind that if an offer is legitimate, you may be able to obtain a work permit and eventually sponsor your family under the family permit scheme. Before being eligible to sponsor them, you can apply for your family under tourist status. Once you are qualified to sponsor them, you may do so.

Here are some guides and local GOV links for reference. Ministry of Labour Websitehttps://www.csgb.gov.tr/uigm

This text serves as a reference or starting point only. When receiving offers, it is important to use common sense and be cautious.

@Borraro It's important to note that leading companies in Turkey also use generic top-level domains such as .com, .net, etc., besides the official domain extension of Turkey, which is .com.tr. Hence, it's not necessary that all Turkish companies use .com.tr. Instead, most companies don't use .com.tr. With the introduction of the new .tr extension, it's essential to be aware of the different domain options available when applying to a Turkish company. This applies to any country that uses top-level or secondary domains.

To ensure that you are applying to a legitimate company, it's recommended to conduct due diligence, ask questions, and ask for their MERSI/VERGI number.

If you've applied to a company through some bogus online listing that's harvesting data and then sends you emails later requesting payment, Google searches the company and contacts the company that's supposedly contacting you to pay, particularly to similar names. Speak to the HR department directly if the domain or sender email doesn't match the company details. It's not advisable to rely solely on Google Street View, as Google addresses are mostly inaccurate. Instead, it's best to ask the company for their full address and MERSIS/VERGI plate number (PDF), which will be a single document that you can verify, or you can check the government websites for further details and validation.

Most people know they've applied for such a position and should do their own due diligence. This is true for any job in any country. However, people do fall prey and forget about checking and using common sense. If any company is asking for fees, it's not necessarily illegal. Some and most Turkish companies pass on processing fees, application fees, etc, to the applicant under some disguise. The best thing to know is the Ministry of Labour doesn't ask for any fees until the applicant is approved for a work permit, however, the work visa process is a separate process. Turkish Embassies take payment directly if necessary.

If an employer asks for travel expenses or fees upfront and you have not signed a contract with them, you must decide whether to agree yourself. This is not illegal and is a common practice. However, if you have hired a recruitment agency to find you an employer, you might have to pay upfront fees as a disguise for enrolling into their program, background checks, etc. Any employment agency in Turkey has to be registered with ISKUR, which is found here: iskur.gov.tr/.

Recruitment agencies based on the terms of ISKUR are free of fees. However, many Turkish companies shift these fees onto employees in multiple industries such as real estate and consulting.

Don't be put off if the job is legit. It's Turkish culture.

@d4zt7bsj

I have just messaged you. Thank you in advance.

@Cheryl In Turkey, there is no document called a Foreign Worker's Certificate per se. If you are a foreign national looking for work in Turkey, you have two options. Firstly, if you already have a residence permit, you can apply directly to companies within Turkey. Alternatively, you can apply for a work visa, which can only be obtained by visiting a local Turkish embassy in your home country or a country that allows, for example, Germany or Georgia, without a local residence permit. There are Foreign Workers' invitational letters with barcodes that list the company, its legal credentials, and its address and are signed and stamped in blue ink. Anyone can email the local Turkish embassy and ask if a job offer is legit.

Work Permit Inforgraphic for all Senarios.

https://www.csgb.gov.tr/media/90522/a4- … k-2021.pdf

@Mznust I also received same company offer. I also got confused for this. I was asked to pay 435 USD for FWC to travel agency

@Mznust I also received an offer with same address, with joining date as April 17th. I was asked to pay 435 USD to travel agency for getting FWC. How to know whether it real or fake? Company is Ayas group

@Mznust I also received an offer with same address, with joining date as April 17th. I was asked to pay 435 USD to travel agency for getting FWC. How to know whether it real or fake? Company is Ayas group

-@poornachandra3937

The bold read means it's a scam.

@Fred I could not find the company in Google maps also. No pics too

There's no need to do anything

@Fred thank you fred

@Fred I can only concur, if an employer wants you, he has to pay (for all, hotels, flights and support)