Entering the KSA with Work Visa through the causeway

Hello everybody,

I would love to know if it is possible to enter the KSA with my work visa (no Iqama yet) from the Bahrain Causeway instead of taking a flight to Dammam from Manama. I had to stay at least 14 days in bahrain since the Kingdom does not allow direct filghts from Germany to KSA. Since it will be my first entry with my new work visa I guess I have to go to some immigration office (fingerprints etc.).
As far as I know I will get a border number to register in Tawakkalna, but what about a Covid Test for entering the KSA?
Thanks in advance for any reply,

Best
Nick

You will have to do the Covid test within 72 hours, in Bahrain before entering KSA via the causeway.   Many hospitals offer these - you will have to pay.

Prior to Covid, you could enter on a new work visa into KSA via the causeway.  I, in fact, did that myself.  You would reach Saudi immigration booths and they would send you into a room where your photographs/fingerprints would be taken and a border number would be written on the passport (in Arabic).   Basically, you park your car on the side after the Saudi immigration booth - the officer will hold the passport for the other passengers / driver until you bring back your passport with the border number to show him.  Bit of a walk involved, to the office building, while dodging other cars, depending which immigration booth you went through.

I would assume that the same process is being followed after Covid - no reason for it not to be.

Hello XTang,

thank you very much for the instant reply. That saves me a lot of hazzle flying from Manama to Dammam and have another one-hour drive to Khobar. Sounds great.

Thanks a lot,

best Nick

Hi I am in Bahrain with work visa & want to go to Saudi Arabia with with new work visa, can I change my job without going back to my country (India)?

I have covered this many times.  It all depends on your Saudi employer because:

1) They need to designate a visa for your profession and nationality to the Manama consulate.  They may or may not have a quota to be able to do that as in most cases, new quota is directly assigned to home country for a particular nationality
2) They would need to give e-wakala to an agent in Bahrain to be able to file for you
3) And your current sponsor in Bahrain would need to give an NOC (attested by Chamber of Commerce Bahrain) for you to be able to apply

If all three are true then you can get a visa from Bahrain.  Otherwise not.