ETF, stock investing in Hungary

Dear all,

I am trying to find the best way to invest in ETFs and Stocks with a Hungarian platform or bank. In the past I have done with UK platforms but can't seem to find a good one in Hungary. Can anyone suggest the best way? I would rather avoid keeping separate accounts in the UK for investing.

Open an account at Interactive Brokers, no reason to use hungarian platforms. Well, maybe there is one reason: TBSZ, you can avoid paying taxes with some conditions.

The best brokerage in .hu is KBC equitas, with a multinational background. A similar option is Degiro. Random Capital is a fully hungarian-owned alternative...

Thanks a lot for the info! Indeed TBSZ is a big reason to do it in Hungary and also generally to avoid potential tax issues having documents and accounts from other countries.

I will do some research on the options you wrote. One question, if you use any of them do you know if I can open a TBSZ account with them?

KBC and Random have TBSZ, IB does not, don't know about Degiro.

Good to invest someway or another, however in my personal (very subjective) view stockmarkets are very much overvalued, Eastern European countries in general will go ahead indeed in the upcoming years (but only on a relative and not absolute basis). I have been lucky in the past (good salary, share plans of my employer), gambling on stock markets is not my thing (having said that in 2008 I made a gamble which paid off quite well).

Real estate in Hungary (our own home) already gave quite some return over the last 6 years, of course good to be a millionaire, but if I can live comfortably for the upcoming 20 years with cigarettes, whiskey, restaurants, concerts etc I am fine.

Right now I am stunned by the levels of valuation, of course if Corona is over there will be a surge in consumer spending (however I think only for a month or 2).
Good that you apparently have some money to spend on ETF's or alike, I personally would prefer not to burn my fingers and enjoy life with its nice things (even if not like a king or millionaire).

Also please note that even if ETFs seem cheap in practice they are NOT. Better to make a direct investment yourself and take a risk. (but at low cost).

It was very useful to read :) any advice for self-starters/newbies? Would be very much appreciated. Thanks

If you want to go ahead, please do. ETFs are for newbies indeed, if you do , good luck. I will not burn my fingers.
I a,not rich, but stockpicking has helped me in the past for my current situation,