Bank for expat - English speaking staff

Can anyone help? I will be in Budapest next week, and I have to open bank account, but I don't know which one to choose. I found reviews on Citibank as good option and some people said not to use OTP, but I am still in search. Maybe someone here can help me? Thank you in advance!

Hi d1,

I don't know if you can see the HSBC banners on the website but I know they've got a specific offer for expatriates.

Hope this helps,

Julien

They pulled out from this market about a year ago I think.

I only know about personal accounts, nothing about corporate accounts:

There's not much competition in this sector, you are likely to get similar offers from most banks. They all charge you small sums for the most trivial things. Availability of English-speaking representatives is a function of branch office size, and will vary from branch to branch.

Once you have your account, you can probably do everything with "internet banking" on their website, and won't ever need to set foot in a branch office ever again.

Hiya,

I've opened my account with Citi Bank at the Oktogon branch. They were really good. A lady called Eszter opened my account for me and her English was quite good (she sits at the desk on the left as you walk in lol). The account i opened also doesn't charge me for transactions as long as i pay a certain amount in a month, can't remember what that amount is though.

I'm happy with them anyway.

Alex

Hi d1,

Have been answering this question to a client earlier. So, I copy the email reply I have sent him. N.B. he was interested in internet banking in English:

"
CIB is the likely choice (has advised many clients and haven't heard crazy stories as a feed back yet) Internet banking demo: cib.hu/cib_internet_bank/try_it/index ; conditions:cib.hu/retail_banking/conditions/index

Other banks that has English webpage (can't figure if they do have English internet banking, but probably that's the case): raiffeisen.hu ; citibank.hu ;budapestbank.budapestbank/index_eng.php
"

Finally, he went with CIB Bank (the District 2, Medve utca outlet has English speaking staff for sure).

Good luck,

Dez

Hi, I have my account in Banco Popolare. It's a bank that began its expansion in HUngary a few years ago and offers English, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian and Chinese public attention.
I'm really happy with it and, in comparison with other banks in Hungary, I think you'll only find advantages.

banpopolare.hu

Cheers!

ok have you your bank account ? my socoiety is a fonancial sociéty and we works with banks i can help you if you want to have good accounts et avantages
bye

Yes, have already, thank you for trying to help!