Setting salary expectations IT

Hi everyone

I am aware there could be already many similar-looking topics but as everyone has different backgrounds and personal situation, I decided to create a separate one.

I am a 25 years old and considering moving to Brussels for doing a bachelor on the evening courses.

Naturally, I would like to work during the days so now I am doing some research so I can more or less know what to expect. I am single and little studio or a big room in a coloc would be sufficient.

Currently I am working as an IT Support in Poland as a first line. It s an app support for an ERP software. Helping customers by email and screen sharing session. Also I speak fluently Polish, English, Swedish and French. Currently learning Dutch - as I understood, it counts in Brussel.

What are your thoughts on finding similar job in Brussels? and getting a net salary of 2000 euro per month - is that even real or I shouldnt even expect that much?

Thank you for all the input!

lukaszsmykowskim,
you can research your exact profession o Glassdoor, there you can find the average salary in Belgium.

But as I understand, you don't have a graduation or master correct? So 2k net, I think in Belgium is a little high.

Have a look in the Salary calculator, then you will understand that 2k net means 42k year, which a little higher than average. Of course this all depends of your profession, and seniority.

Tax Calculator

But just remember that Belgium is the country with the lowest variation in salary distribution (the quite high taxes help with this). So a little less, I think would still be enough to live here (without luxury).

Hi,

Thank you for you feedback!

Yes, you are right, I don't have any university degree yet.

I have been working on that position for soon 3 years now.