Moving to Dubai

Hello .I'm Lydia  currently living in Mexico and planning to move to Dubai ,please let me know if it's the right time to do it ,and what are my chances standing in finding a job as soon as I get there is it easy to to get a work permit once your hired ,I don't know how it's done ,what should I do , please help me out
Thank you

Hello Mokushla,

Please note that I have moved your topic to the Dubai forum. Having your query on the right forum will ensure that you are reaching members living in or moving to Dubai and increase the likelihood of obtaining accurate information.

Even though the current health crisis may make your job search more effortful, I sincerely hope that the actual employment situation on the ground in Dubai is not that bad. I'll let our members who are there enlighten you more about it.

In the meantime, I suggest that you look through the following articles:

- Work in Dubai
- Dubai's labour market
- Work permit for Dubai

You should specially pay close attention to the article about getting a work permit and the procedures which should be completed in order to obtain it.

Good luck,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Mokushla wrote:

Hello .I'm Lydia  currently living in Mexico and planning to move to Dubai ,please let me know if it's the right time to do it ,and what are my chances standing in finding a job as soon as I get there is it easy to to get a work permit once your hired ,I don't know how it's done ,what should I do , please help me out
Thank you

Currently, Dubai has moved to a "New Normal". That is to say, things are back to full gear and activities moving on as usual, but with restrictions and other measures on how to prevent as well as cope with COVID. There are still a lot of cases being announced as more testing is done. However, the country is receiving tourists from some selected countries and from selected airlines.

If you have an Issued visa make sure to check in with the airline you did becoming one of the measures you did have to take, once you arrive at Dubai. Currently, I know all tourists have screening that they need to go through when they arrive. So make sure you know of all the guidelines.

Facial Masks is mandatory here in UAE

For job opportunities its tough as usual. Ok much tougher now that a lot of companies closed down and some now trying to catch up to the losses. But frankly, it all depends on you and your qualifications. There are a lot of job postings you could apply for once in the country even though some are fake you did be pretty lucky to land some interviews once you are in the country.  You being a lady from Mexico gives you a good push.

In all, it will depend on you, if you did want to fly in the pandemic and getting to look for job. But Dubai is doing ok.

Hopping to you around.

Cheers.