Working for Uber in Dubai?

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible like any other countries to work for Uber with the self employment status in Dubai.

I saw many things that say it is different here (compared to France where you can work for yourself and you don't have to work for a company to work with Uber).

I saw many Lexus that are doing Uber so I guess they are linked to a big company that has a fleet of cars, and driver are not self employed (freelance status) and do not own the car?

So my question is, is it possible to open your own company and work for Uber as self employed? If so, what is the best way to get into it? What are the averages salaries of Uber drivers (self employed) in Dubai?

Thank you very much :)

You can't compare the GCC to France.   The sponsorship system here means that every non-national has to be sponsored by an employer / company.  And on top of that, the company needs to have a commercial license for the activity that the expat is going to perform AND the expat needs to have the right profession plus requisite licenses.

Most Uber operators work for companies on different models e.g. the expat brings his car, the company gives him a visa and he has to give a monthly fee to the company.  Whereas others get the car through the company and the monthly increases.

Doing itself via your own company would be a hassle.  To get a license to provide transportation services for your company would make you go through a lot of bureaucracy with different government bodies.

I would doubt that uber drivers make a lot of money here on a self employed basis - you have to pay for your visa, medical, car repairs and so on.  Try coming down, take a few ubers and talk directly to the drivers..........they will tell you exactly what happens.  In my experience, most of them are barely making ends meet.

@XTang Thank you a lot for your reply! That's some good informations :)