Status of short term social visit pass holders

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is in the same situation as me. I am a UK citizen who came here on a 90-day tourist visa which is about to expire in a couple of weeks. With so many flights cancelled and countries closing borders, if your visa expires during the lockdown period, are you expected to leave the country before the expiry date or is there some kind of waiving of visa rules until after lockdown, like some other countries have done?

cheers

Hi, Just found your post.  Are you in Malaysia?

I'm in the same position as you but heard that once the Movement Restriction Order is lifted, you will have 14 days in which to arrange travel and leave.  My 90 day tourist visa runs out on 17th April.  However, check with Air Malaysia as I believe they are still operating direct flights from KUL to LHR.

Grateful if any of the above could be confirmed as finding current information is a nightmare.  If you're on Twitter though, follow @UKinMalaysia for F&CO updates.

Hope this helps and Good Luck!!

Hi, yes I'm currently in Malaysia. I'm not looking to go back to UK though, instead I am going to try and get an extension to my visa when the lockdown ends. I've also heard that you won't be penalised if your visa expires during the lockdown, but after the MCO is lifted you have 14 days to leave or get an extension. Havent checked into the situation re flights out of Malaysia, but I'm guessing it is a bit of a nightmare