Can Belgium Depedent Visa holder board down at Amsterdam

Hi everyone,
I have a query that if  My wife have Belgium dependent visa and she is travelling first time to Belgium. So whether she can come to Amsterdam Airport from India and take a train from there to Brussels Or it's mandatory to enter first time in Belgium then I can go anywhere in Schengen countries?
Anyone have any leads . Highly Appreciated

There should not be any issues with entering Netherlands along your way to the Belgium or any other Schengen country.

Yes but don't forget to go asap with your wife for registration at city hall to officialize the presence of your wife in Belgium.

Let her keep a copy of her train ticket from NL to BE handy. Immigration officer may ask this.

For benefit of members who may search for similar topics, pasting the response in this thread too.

A bit of comprehensive info on this:

What we all need to understand is that, visa stamped on the passport does not assure an entry to the country (not only the EU - any country). Final decision maker whether to admit the traveler to the country or not, for any purpose of travel (including transit -  if your transit involves immigration), is the officer in border control. The officer makes this decision based on responses to the questions he/she ask to the traveler and by verifying supporting documents proving the purpose of visit, medical coverage, financial means to support the visit and that the traveler will go back to his/her home country after the intended period of stay (in case of short stay). In case of long stay, officer has the right to verify the work permit, employment contract, accommodation, medical insurance and/or dependency documents as appropriate to the purpose of entry (employment or joining spouse/parent - family reunion) of the traveler before admitting. In case of transit, officer has the right to ask questions about your onward travel, demand documents to prove that and carries the right to deny entry if he/she is not convinced.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Travel_in_the_Schengen_Zone
Note: "Even if you possess a valid visa, actual entry may still be denied/refused if you are unable to satisfy the border officer's questions and/or requests to see documents."

It is highly recommended that all possible supporting documents must be carried by the traveler and presented to the officer if demanded. (Most of the documents submitted with the visa application is returned to the applicant by the consulate in the home country + what one can collect additionally - including tickets for onward travel - in case of transit, etc).

Now, practically speaking, in >90 percent of the cases, immigration officers don't ask many questions or supporting documents if they have no reason to do so. But if the traveler encounters a strict officer or when there is a stricter border control in place (example: period where there is a raised security level, crisis situations, etc), these documents are the only things that can help the visitor to have a smooth immigration passage.

Like I said, most of the times, everything goes smooth. This is why when you ask around, people will say, "No problem, it is perfectly fine". They say that based on their experience which may haven been very positive or smooth.

My suggestion is to be prepared and careful, especially when someone is traveling for the first time.