Dependant Visa belgium

I am currently in belgium , relocated from Nov 2019. I am applying for my dependant visa. I was asked to provide a address proof -rental agreement registered. But I am in bbf in a shared accomodation with 4 people. Can I register this and submit?

Is this rental agreement only for the proof of address or it is required to show sufficient accomodation is available for the dependants to join. I am asking whether I need to take a contract and register ot?

You need to have a contract on your name.

But contract on my name with other room mates is what I have..is that not valid given this is asked only for proof of address.

go on, take your chance :) hehe..

Hi Aneesh,

Is normal rental agreement enough or do we need a registered copy?

You need to have the agreement registered.

Ok Thanks!

Hi Aneesh,

I have a question, could you please help.
For dependent visa for my spouse and child, the registered rental agreement should have their names as well or only my name should be present as they didn't come to Belgium yet ?

Thanks,
Praveen

Let's be a bit logical: your wife can't sign any legal documents such as a rental agreement in Belgium if she's not "here".

If you're the family member in charge and your name is on the rental agreement and you're the one that do the family reunion, everything's is obviously ok.
Download the official document from myrent.be, that's what they want to see (or go to the SPF finance tower in Brussels - appointment needed)

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the update.
I will mention only my name as of now .

Regards,
Praveen

Sjpk wrote:

Hi Aneesh,

I have a question, could you please help.
For dependent visa for my spouse and child, the registered rental agreement should have their names as well or only my name should be present as they didn't come to Belgium yet ?

Thanks,
Praveen

If your rental contract mentions max no of people then make sure it's correct, like for me it was initially 1 then i asked the landlord to change it to 2.

Hi

I have applied for dependent visa for me and my daughter. On IBZ website it says awaiting documents but we did not get any email about which documents are awaiting and we got this decision on 4th March. Does anyone know how much time it takes to get an email or post from Belgium consulate on the pending documents.
I tried contacting IBZ but they say they will contact you and VFS says that they don't have any information. It's been more than 10 days with same status. Anyone been through this ?

nmshkh,
I heard from my friend that, your husband will get a Mail to submit for additional documents...ask him to check his mail-box [Not email pls, it is mail via post]

I got the visa. So we had a missing document as per IBZ for which people generally receive a letter but we did not get any communication from them. My husband called the IBZ and they told that the letter has been misplaced by post. So it was good that we contacted ourselves. So anyone who still has awaiting documents I would recommend to contact IBZ through phone(we had this status from 4th March to 23rd March). Once the additional document was shared through email within 4 days the decision was Accord.

Hello nmshkh8,

May I check , when was the application first launched and when did you get approval (status - accord ) in Dofi website?
I am waiting for my son's (new born) visa , your time line could help understanding how things are moving during the pandemic situation.

thanks,
karthick

Hi

So I submitted my documents in vfs Mumbai on 5th Feb 2021, then it was sent to Belgium and we received the email from vfs on 8th Feb. On IBZ website it started showing from 1st March and on 4th March we had documents Pending status. We submitted the documents by 23rd March (It was delay since we did not get a communication from them as which documents were missing, we contacted them ourselves) on 29th March the decision was Accord and we got the passport on 1st April.

So if all the documents and details they require are proper you get it faster. So you can hope to get within 2months or earlier if everything sent is as per their requirement.

hello,

thanks for the response and details,
Just wondering the dofi website is inaccessible since almost a week, how did you get to know the visa status ?
are there a different source for that purpose?

regards.

Hi

Yes it is not accessible currently, but my spouse tried checking in from Belgium and it's working there. If you have any colleague or anyone who can help you with knowing you the status or you can drop an email to IBZ asking for currently status since you are unable access the website.

Bonsoir vous pouvez essayer infovisa.ibz.be
Pour moi ça marche.

Bonjour,

oui, c'est fonctionne! merci.

@ Dashou & Karthick :

Please post in english only on this english speaking forum.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Hello my dear lovely sister ❤️❤️ hope you are doing well. By the way,if you don't have any allegation please provide me your WhatsApp number so that I can chat with you frequently. Wish your long and happy life ❤️❤️. May Allah bless us 🙏🙏💓💓.
Regards to you.
A S M Faruqur Rahaman.

Hi,
Congratulations for getting your visa.

I have applied dependent visa for my spouse and child, though we have submitted all relevant documents, we have received a mail by consular service stating that your file is put 'on hold' with an attachment. On reading the attachment it is understood that currently 'files are sent for approval' to Belgian authorities for decision.

I am not sure if it is in process of Approval i.e. do I have to wait further or call the Belgian authorities.

Could you please throw some light on this situation.

Regards,
Praveen

Hello praveen,

I am waiting as like you, when did you apply for the visa and where?

Regards.

It is standard procedure. File is sent to foreign ministry of Belgium for decision making. They will process it at their own pace, no added value in calling them.

You can track the status in DOFI website (it will start showing say a month or so from the date the file is sent to Belgium).

Hi Karthik,

I have applied to 31st march and still no update.
It has been a month and still can't see any update on dofi site.

How about yours .

Regards,
Praveen

Hello Praveen,

From my experience it takes atleast a month for the application to be visible in dofi site.

For my son, I lodged application on 15 Jan 2021,
Visible in dofi site since 15th Feb 2021

No updates afterwards stil.

Thanks,
Karthick.

Hi Alex,
My lease agreement signed by 3 person currently living in an apartment and we all three are registered.
Do I have to be the only owner of the apartment for dependent visa ? or the above is valid to process visa.

To be on safer side I checked this with my agency too , They responded me as below:

Of course, it is always possible to make an amendment to a lease contract if your two flatmates wish to leave before the end of the lease, but they will remain financially responsible until the end of the lease in case of problems, damage or unpaid rent.

The contract will not be changed but an amendment will be drawn up with the name of your wife, taking over the obligations until the end of the lease of your 2 flatmates.

The rider will have to be signed by the two outgoing tenants as well as by your wife represented by you if she is not in Belgium and by yourself.   The administrative costs covering the procedure of the change of tenant amounts to 400 € including VAT, payable on the day of the signature of the rider.

will this make things much easier for me ..

I am in complete dilemma. Can someone help pls.

Hi Karthik,
Ok.
Maybe they are expecting some documents from you, did you already check with them via mail or call?

Usually if your file is in treatment , there should be some progress. I don't think from Feb 15th without doing anything they keep it on hold.

Regrads,
Praveen

Hello praveen,

I have tried contacting them and the reply was it takes a maximum of 6 months for the family reunification visa to take a decision by home affairs.

So, I am not sure if they are looking for a document from me or other issues.

Regards,
Karthick.

Hello pank 20,

it's perfectly ok to rent a big house with other peoples. That's common.
But the immigration will want to make sure that you're following the laws about the accomodation and that you've enough space to live correctly with your wife (and other tenants)
As an example it's absolutely forbidden to be 4 peoples in a 20m² studio, must have enough rooms, ...
You'll have to give the MyRent certificate (and the signed lease contract that you can also download on myminfin.be with your id card or the paper version)

As far as I remember, yes, other tenants must signed an agreement that your wife will join the accommodation. To be checked.

Hi Aneesh,
     I have submitted reunion Visa D from Singapore on 11 May and it started showing "In treatment" from 18 May. The file is in Belgium. I have read enough that applications filed within 6 months of husband/wife joining in Belgium are processed faster (my case as well). Please share your experience on this. Can I be hopeful? I have seen several cases where it takes a month just to see some status on DOFI. Is the early status on DOFI means that some decision can be expected soon?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Rai (we both are Indian)

Yes, if you are a family it is better to apply spouse visa along with primary applicant.
If you apply later, again documentation needed and also take 6+ months.

Sorry if it is miscommunicated. I have applied separately. Husband already in Belgium.

So I take it that if I get phd study visa like today, I can start family reunion visa application for my family, say the next day ?

Thanks for your anticipated response.

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : please post in english only on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello all

I applied for family reunion visa my husband is on F+ card i launched my application on 21 april 2021 from islamabad pakistan And its about over a month my visa application status is “imported” and on vfs my status is forwarded to belgium embassy.
Can you guide me please as I submit my application under art 10 cx my husband is not nationality holder right now
N kindly tell me how much time should be more taken and what is that imported mean no change at all since day 1
Should we call to ibz for process as i called embassy here in pakistan they don't know any info 😭😭😭 please help me out in this