Visa for adopted child

I'm seeking advice on a visa for an adopted child. I've already engaged the services of an agent but as my situation seems to be a grey area I thought I'd ask here as well. My husband and I are adopting a baby from Sierra Leone. I am American and have CPR in Bahrain. My husband is Australian and does not yet have CPR, because we are waiting on his Saudi Iqama to come through. We are estimating that he won't have his Iqama until March, because of a company restructure.

We are formally adopting the baby in January. We are married and the baby's birth certificate will have both of our names on it, and her legal name (and Sierra Leonean passport) will bear my husband's last name. (I haven't changed my name to his last name because there are so many visas etc in my passport connected to my maiden name.)

I understand that adoption isn't legally recognised in Bahrain but this should be irrelevant as the adoption will be finalised in Sierra Leone and she will for all intents and purposes be our child (even on her birth certificate, as previously mentioned).

How do I go about getting a visa for her to reside in Bahrain with me and my husband? I know she is eligible for a 7 day GCC visa which I'll apply for online, but after that I'm at a loss. Thanks in advance.

Theoretically it is possible with documents (duly attested by Bahrain Embassy in the country of child citizenship or apostilled) proving your custody of the child.  However, your husband not being here creates an additional issue.  He would need to give you a separate NOC to be able to sponsor the child - again notarised and attested by Bahrain Embassy in the home country. 

The ideal way would be to explore the options of getting the child a passport from YOUR home country or your husband's.  That would make the situation much easier in terms of travel to the GCC i.e. visa on arrival.