Processing time for spouse visa

Hello , iam Maggie from cameroon. I applied for german spouse visa in February. The lawyer came for verification in April. My husband was called to present his pay slip in july .i have not received any mail from the embassy in my home town.so iam abit worried.please I needs answers what's going on

I  have got  family reunion visa on June 2019 from Ethiopia. It tooks me exactly three months.                                                                        I fully present  the necessary documents on March 13, 2019. They called him on May 15 to present a document. The embassy at Addis Ababa called me on June 12 to take my visa. Since any query is not allowed at the embassy in your home town it is better if he contact the foreign office at Germany.

It is impossible to tell from your posting alone what causes the delay.
You should ask the embassy, your husband or, since you already engaged a lawyer, the lawyer!
I assume your husband in Germany fulfills the formal requirements (min.€9000/year income per person, sufficiently big apartment) and you have German health insurance and (in case he is German) an A1 language certificate?

Hello sir,
Thanks for the fast reply. Yes I have the A1 certificate. My husband has sufficient space in his house. For the insurance the embassy in my home town did not asked me that and it was not on the check list. For the 9000€ per year I don't know yet and this alone makes me to be worried.It was the embassy that send their layer to my home  town for the verification of my documents and everything went well .it was after the verification that they contacted my husband.my husband too is abit worried about the delay

Thanks but you know the process differ from countries to country.in my home town from your first day of interview.the embassy gives one month for you to gather all the necessary documents .So after the presentation of your documents. They will then sent their layer to verify those documents which you have presented.so it was after the verification that they contacted my husband.

As I said, it is better to ask the embassy for the status of your application, not strangers on the Internet.
You don't know if your husband earns enough for both of you?!? This does not sound like a genuine relationship, rather a marriage of convenience (i.e. for the purpose of getting a visa). In that case it will be rejected.

Hello sir,
I know how much my husband earn a month.i was surprised when u said he needed  to have 9000€ per year.and please don't be so fast to judge and try to listen to what people need to say before you draw your conclusion. I find your reply rude.my husband and I will write the embassy.its needless asking information from strangers as u said

Sorry if my reply came across as rude, but I wanted to point out the facts and how your case would appear to any immigration or embassy official (without emotion).
He needs €9000/year per person to secure a visa for you, so €18000/year for the two of you, and this would be barely enough to survive (at the poverty line). For a reasonable lifestyle you'll need more.

Thanks atleast you have explained it well.thanks for your time and effort I really do appreciate.

Hi Maggie,

Ask your husband  to do a follow up with Auslanderbehorde in his home town. Sometimes they  just need a push. Processing time shouldn't take more than 3 months.

Good luck!

Thanks dear
He already  did and very soon they  will contact us

Beppi,
my husband was asked to come with  affidavit of support. What's the necessary steps to take.it sound strangers to my ears

“Affidavit of support” is not a German term - what did they ask for in German?
I can only assume here that he has to prove he has sufficient financial means to support your (and his own) living expenses.

Verpflichtungserklärung

@Maggiembombo- you are right in saying that the procedures for Spouse reunification differs from one country to another (even within the African continent).

I took the liberty of having a look at the German Embassy's website for Cameroon (Yaounde).

https://jaunde.diplo.de/cm-en/service/0 … 00-6-panel

From what I understood, it takes 5-7 months for approval (or rejection). From your original post, it says since February , so this brings us to September 2019.

Can you provide a few more details:

1. Is your husband German?

2. Where does he reside in Germany?

3. How long have you been married?

"Verpflichtungserklärung" is a declaration of commitment, meaning a formal signed document stating that he will take care of board and accommodation for you.

"
"Declaration of Commitment “Verpflichtungserklärungen”

What is a Declaration of Commitment?

Declaration of Commitment “Verpflichtungserklärung” (VE) is a document used as a proof of secured maintenance funds to get a German visa. By signing this formal obligation letter, a relative, friend or business, who is a legal resident or registered legal entity in Germany, pledges Federal authorities to cover your entire livelihood, medical and return costs related to your visit here.

The costs that host must cover by signing this letter include subsistence (food, drinks, clothing and alike), accommodation, and medical, nursing and returning costs.

Foreign Office is the authority that decides whether the host meets the criteria to become your financial sponsor. For that reason, an examination against the host's evidence of incomes, residence rights and accommodation conditions is carried, after their formal application to commit."

This https://www.germany-visa.org/verpflichtungserklarungen/ can help you further.

Have you checked if you have submitted all documents mentioned on the checklist from the German Embassy?

The usual procedure is that the Embassy sends the documents to the Auslanderbehörde from where your husband resides. They verify the documents and let the Embassy know if it is a Yes, No or if more documents are needed. If the Alien office approves, then the Embassy will put the stamp on your passport (please note that the Alien office will NOT put the stamp- this is the jurisdiction of the Embassy). IN your case, more proof is needed. So please your check list again and see if you have missed anything.

Hope this helps and please keep us posted. Your experience could be helpful to other spouses applying from Cameroon.

Thanks very much .My husband is not a German.he reside in stuggart. We have been married for 2 years plus now.i  have submitted all the documents needed.The foreign office asked my husband to present some documents. I will keep you posted on the outcome.