Help in deciding from, USA to Qatar?

I've received formal offer from one engineering company in Doha, I would like to here some opinion about it. I've scanned it:

INTERNATIONAL
DOHA QATfAR
Ref. No.    : HRD/12161701
Date    : May 31, 2011
CEO Ref.     CEG-CIVIMECH-012-2011-R

Dear Mr.

... is pleased to offer you a position as SR. CIVIL/STRUCTURAL & MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Pre/Post
Contract). The salary for this position will be based on a Total Monthly Compensation Package as detailed below:
Monthly Salary    :US$ 2,500
Paid Leave    :27days +3 days holiday per year (Per Qatar Law)
Travel Expenses    :Economy class roundtrip ticket during yearly vacation only
End-of-service (gratuity)    :Included in salary package
Initial Contract Period    :One (1) year (extendable upon agreement by both parties after
            the first year period)
Probationary period    :    3-6 months
Non Termination of Contract    During the first 1-year period after passing the probationary
Emergency Leave    :Allowed only in extremely urgent cases. If used as disguise to
            terminate employment, liquidated damages will apply equivalent
            to amount of total salary of the unexpired term
Accommodation    :    Single Room
Transportation    :    Will be provided by CEO (from Accommodation to Office & vise versa)
Health Card        Company paid health card

This formal offer of employment is contingent upon: client authorization, obtaining (with our assistance) a Qatari work
permitl residence visa, your successfully passing a medical examination, and reporting to work within the agreed
timetable, Additionally, you are required to observe our company rules and regulations and Qatar Laws, Customs and
Traditions.

Conditioned upon return of this formal offer as signed and accepted by you, and your acceptance of the above
contingent items, CEG hereby undertakes that you will be employed to perform services in the Middle East or place of
assignment upon such terms and provisions contained in this L.O. and under the detailed Employment Contract
Agreement in terms of the above remuneration package and Qatar Labor Law. The Final Employment Agreement will
be signed by you and by CEG when your employment commences. Your Contract benefits will be valid from the
commencement date of your duties.

Please indicate your acceptance of this formal offer by signing at the bottom of this letter and emailing/ faxing a copy
within one week from date of receipt to

Once you accept our offer, please forward your Passport clear copy to the above email address without delay so that
we can start processing of your visa and other travel documents.

We look forward to your joining CEO and best regards,
For CEO

For USA national and position this is awful offer.
I would reject.

I think this is a terrible offer to be honest. Did you try looking on any other recruitment sites to see if similar jobs are listed?

It says accommodation is a single room but where? Some of the standards of living here are not the best and you could in effect end up on the industrial area in a shoebox. Not only that but if you don't have a multiple exit/re-entry visa you are stuck here until your company gives you an exit visa. So if you don't like it, there's no getting on a plane and leaving.

According to XE 2,500.00 US = 9,102.75 QAR - well to give you an idea of how much things cost here - iloveqatar.net/cost.php which is a cost of living guide

For a lot of people 9,000 QAR is a LOT of money but for a US citizen in that kind of job, it's not a fair salary. In my husband's company, there are basic entry (trainees)people with little experience from S.E Asia on that money.

It's definitely worth checking other sites and recruitment companies to see what the salary should be.

Good luck on your decision

Thanx,
that was useful link, anyway I rejected this offer.