This is an Expat site/form ?.....

.....or am I missing something ?  Expat means you are a British subject that went away for a while and now want to return.

This is from wikepedia :

a person who lives outside their native country.
"a British expat who's been living in Amsterdam for 14 years".

So I just wondered why I get messages from people who fancy living here because they just fancy it.  Ermmm no.

This is for ex-pats not a sneaky route into the UK.

You can't just up sticks and come and live here......well you should NOT be able to.

Steffie

Hello,

What is the basis of your thought to write an article of this style?

It's normal to go to one or the other person to get interesting +/- information ... even if many forget that http://www.giyf.com/ is their friend ...

I don't understand what you mean.

Hi again.

I wouldn't necessarily accept Wikipedia as being an authoritative source; I could create a wiki page now that said I had bright green skin, I don't, but you get what I'm saying?

As far as I'm concerned an Expat is somebody who has moved from his home country to another, we just happen to try and help all of those people within the Forums T&C's.

It's a sad fact that many people would like to be Expats and will try almost anything to achieve that better life when the official way proves to be impossible for them to achieve, so they will plough through the Forum looking for potential "helpers"; I also get such messages.

If you're getting personal messages that you feel are in any way inappropriate, then in the top right hand corner of the message is a report button; if you press that a little box pops up that gives you the opportunity to explain in your own words what's wrong, then you press the report button and an Admin will investigate it and take the appropriate action.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Steffiegirl wrote:

.....or am I missing something ?

Yes, thinking

Steffiegirl wrote:

Expat means you are a British subject that went away for a while and now want to return.

and again - That's rubbish

Steffiegirl wrote:

This is from wikepedia :

You realise any dumbo can write wiki stuff, don't you?

Steffiegirl wrote:

So I just wondered why I get messages from people who fancy living here because they just fancy it.  Ermmm no.

Maybe you have a kind face and your posting history suggests a wonderful, caring person. (Cough).

Actually, I'm a liar - Your posting history suggests a lot of anger and racism, as noted in another thread when you suggested expats from the UK who marry a foreigner stay abroad.

As racism is unwelcome here, especially as many of us are in mixed marriages so find you extremely insulting, I think such rubbish is worth a ban.

phipiemar wrote:

Hello,

What is the basis of your thought to write an article of this style?

It's normal to go to one or the other person to get interesting +/- information ... even if many forget that http://www.giyf.com/ is their friend ...

Rock on, baby :D

Cynic wrote:

As far as I'm concerned an Expat is somebody who has moved from his home country to another, we just happen to try and help all of those people within the Forums T&C's.

Dude, she means not white people as is evident in her posting history.
As a sound White British chap married to a dusky maiden, and daddy to 2 mixed race kids, I find her somewhat offensive, just as I find racism to be the domain of the exceptionally stupid.

Fred wrote:
Cynic wrote:

Dude, she means not white people as is evident in her posting history.
As a sound White British chap married to a dusky maiden, and daddy to 2 mixed race kids, I find her somewhat offensive, just as I find racism to be the domain of the exceptionally stupid.

What are you saying Fred, there are more you? :D