Problem with application of work permit.

Hi All,

My employer has applied for my work permit on 27th May 2019 with my visit visa which was valid and a transferrable one. The status in my employer portal its showing the application number is submitted and when we click the application ID in the portal it shows My application is being viewed by MOL. Some people say its the new rule from bahrain government. The LMRA express services portal does show error of the record is not found when I enter my Application ID and Passport Number. I am really worried like my Visit visa renewal is going to end within 10 days. So if anyone has information on this could u please provide me with the information on this.

Thanks in Advance.

Application ID on the LMRA site only shows LMRA, CIO, NPRA and employer.  Not sure where the MOL labor element comes in.  I haven't seen it on the recent applications that I have privy to.   Also, it is taking around 2-3 weeks nowadays to approve it.  If it is in process, then nothing to worry about.  Only worry if it's rejected.

The application are going to MOL i think because of bahrainsation like local bahrainis need to be interviewed for certain professions first. If the employer rejects the bahraini during the interview i think the applied visa will be sent to approval. Some say this rule has come after 20 th may 2019. If anybody have idea please reply.

Thanks in advance.

Well depends on the sector.  In banking, yes but not to MOL but CBB.  And it doesn't show on the LMRA express services portal.  What your employer might be referring to is the fact that THEY don't have visas available for expats and might be needing to hire locals to unlock visas.  As such, they may be trying to parallel Bahrainisation. 

If it's different to what I said, post the screen shot from LMRA express services here.