How about Sanur?

Hi there,
I'm Ingrid and I'm living in Canggu since oktober last year, where I joined my husband who already has been living and working in Indonesia for a longer time.
I want to find out if Sanur would be a more nice place to live than Canggu. I've been there for some short stays, and I really enjoyed staying there. But I realize that a short stay is very different than living there.

Maybe someone can tell me some more about living in Sanur. I would like to know more about gyms, swimming pools, salsa dancing, good & healthy food, vegetarian restaurants, contact with local people, etc. Everything that you think it's worthwhile for moving to Sanur.

Thank you all,
Ingrid

Sanur is one of, if not the nicest areas of southern Bali to live.   

Sanur was the very first area of Bali to be developed for tourism...this starting right after the end of WWII.  The various banjars that make up Sanur district have been conservative and as such, the traditional appeal of Sanur has been maintained. 

Sanur is especially popular among families and its beaches are white sand, clean, and the water with much less than usual rip tides. 

Get a copy of The Bali Advertiser (available free most anywhere) and you can read about all the current goings on...expat get togethers, there.

Hi Ubudian,
Thanks for your reply. Actually I've been to Sanur so now and than for a few days for holiday and I really like the atmosphere. But holiday is not the same as living there. My husband is very sceptic about leaving Canggu, as he enjoys the good & healthy restaurants, the gyms, the olympic swimming pool, etc. And I also like all these things in Canggu, but it's so busy and crazy on the roads. So now I'm trying to find out what actually living in Sanur is like. Ofcourse starting by staying there a few days again, but I like to hear from people who already live there a while.
Greetz,
Ingrid

"...but I like to hear from people who already live there a while."

You're only 20 km away from Sanur, so, as I already suggested, get a copy of The Bali Advertiser and check out expat functions, get togethers in Sanur...drive there and meet some Sanur living expats in person.   :cheers: