Dependant visa

Hi

I need help for getting dependant visa for my wife.
I am having employment pass.
I am going to get married in India on June 2019.
What is the procedure for getting dependant visa?

Is it possible if I bring my wife with me in tourist visa and then I can apply for dependant visa here in Malaysia?

You can apply once you have your marriage certificate. Need to make the application and once approved a single entry VDR visa with reference is issued which can be exchanged on arrival for the DP.

The Quick Guide explains the papers required https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/

First step is to see if your employer will process the application or whether they require you to use an immigration consultant

Thank you for your reply.

Suppose if I get the approval from Malaysian immigration, should I go back to India with my wife for stamping in passport from the Malaysian embassy in India?

Is there any possibility that I can get the dependant visa stamped without going back to india?

The marriage certificate may need translating and also authenticating to use for the DP application

The most important part is having the right documents and Certified True Copy. BLS can do it in KL if it has been attested as described here https://www.blsindia-malaysia.com/marri … attest.php

Usually if there is an entry stamp on your wife's passport photocopy they won't accept the application.

If it is possible to exchange a tourist visa for the DP???? once application submitted probably can come to Malaysia and pay the rm 500 journey performed fee to get the stamping instead of waiting for the VDR.

Check the latest rules with your HR because lots of enforcement these days about not being able to get Stage 2 stamping without the VDR

I planning to get a proper multi-entry tourist visa. That will be valid for 12 months. From that, I am thinking to convert from a tourist visa to dependent visa by avoiding going to India with an invitation letter and VDR.
I am a little worried about whether it is possible or not. 

Are Marriage certificate and the Birth certificate compulsorily to get attested from the ministry of external affairs in India?

I believe the attestation is still required but a guy in another discussion said he got an online copy of his marriage certificate attested CTC. But he has not confirmed whether immigration accepted that document. I'll edit and put the link here to that discussion

Here it is
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 89#4545315

The certificate would need to be in English

So no need for the ministry of external affairs attestation on the marriage certificate?

I think it will still be necessary for Malaysian immigration purposes that MEA have attested.

But check with the guy and see what happened......

In your case, newly married, dont know how long it will take to get the marriage certificate into the database

That is also a good thing you mentioned. And in my case spouse name will not be in my passport too.
I don't know whether that will be an issue.

I don't know Indian marriage customs and whether you have a civil marriage and get the certificate and only afterwards have the more cultural event(s)