Where to stay for one month

I'm going to be in Riyadh for exactly one month for work this summer and I need to figure out where to stay.

I'm responsible for finding my own accomodations, and my budget isn't incredibly high, so that rules out the big international chains.  My budget is about 400-450 SAR a day maximum.  The place must have internet access (and that price should fit in my budget).  My work is near Al-Fasialiah so as close to tower as possible is ideal.  Would be great to be able to be in walking distance.

At the moment I am considering the Tulip Inn Olaya House or Golden Tulip Andalusia, but both of them seem to have rather terrible reviews online. I don't mind if the place is older, just need somewhere to sleep and relax in unbothered at the end of the day that will have functioning amenities.

I also saw listings for the Dorat Bazil Hotel Suites, which look brand new, but I can't find much information on them like a website or any reviews, which makes me a bit hesitant about staying there.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

Dear:
You have two choices, either you stay in a 4 stars hotel (range is about SR 400-600 per day) or in a furnished appartment (rate from SR 150 to 300 per day).
Regards,
Salem

pennyforyourthoughts wrote:

I'm going to be in Riyadh for exactly one month for work this summer and I need to figure out where to stay.

I'm responsible for finding my own accomodations, and my budget isn't incredibly high, so that rules out the big international chains.  My budget is about 400-450 SAR a day maximum.  The place must have internet access (and that price should fit in my budget).  My work is near Al-Fasialiah so as close to tower as possible is ideal.  Would be great to be able to be in walking distance.

At the moment I am considering the Tulip Inn Olaya House or Golden Tulip Andalusia, but both of them seem to have rather terrible reviews online. I don't mind if the place is older, just need somewhere to sleep and relax in unbothered at the end of the day that will have functioning amenities.

I also saw listings for the Dorat Bazil Hotel Suites, which look brand new, but I can't find much information on them like a website or any reviews, which makes me a bit hesitant about staying there.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

Check into any Fundukiyah (Furnish Apartments/Hotel) for a month for less then 4000SAR it has internet, bathroom, living room etc... and a Kitchen.

Do you have any furnished apartment recommendations near Al-Faisaliah? Do they offer hotel-like services such as cleaning, laundry, and food or are they just apartments?

There are furnished apartments almost opposite Faisaliyah.

They have all the services you have mentioned. Min stay is 1 month (ideal for you) I believe cost is about SR 6000 per month.

Thanks.  Any idea what their name is or contact info?

innksa.com/hotels_fars/riyadh/apartment_details_en/seyaha_olaya.htm

Its this place...if you ask the people you will be working for to book the place,they will get a corporate discount!!

Hi,

505 SAR can get you a room in khozama hotel its in the complex it self you wont have to suffer the summer heat, and takes about 1 min walk to get to the tower....

UK gave an option and theres these guys boudl.com.sa/en/

i think they charge around 300 Per night but you can get a diss for a month, not sure though ..

boudl is a good option...they are also in very close proximity to Faisaliah.

i checked out the boudl next to faisaliah before, but all they had available were 2 and 3 bedroom units.

Khozama would be great, I was looking at it and thought it might fit in the budget, until I saw they charge like over 100 for breakfast and internet each :(

The seyaha place might be looking like my best option at the moment.

I have found one for SR3000 permonth furnished except Internet.

@Roger99

Hi, where did you find it and what kind of services were included e.g. Internet?

I am only here for a short time, 3 months unless my contract extends :D I share a 2 bedroom (+ 2 lounges, 2 loo's and kitcken) appartment in Sulaimaniya with a colleague.  It's spacious, they do all the cleaning and includes wifi. it's not far from Faisaliyah, we drive by every day on way to work and only takes about 15 to 20 minutes to get there. however we pay 7,500 SAR per month!

Cheers

The Dorrah Bazl Hotel is fine. It's not fancy. But it's clean, has wireless Internet access (no extra charge), and they can put a semi-automatic clothes washing machine in the bathroom for you (at no extra charge).

You can get a LARGE suite for approximately Saudi Riyals 4,500/- per month, or a single room suite with kitchenette, toilet & shower for about SR 3,000/- monthly. The large suites have 1 large living room with kitchenette (includes gas cooker, medium size fridge, and all cooking utensils, dishes & some silverware, cable T.V.(though only a few English channels), & guest toilet. And there's a separate bedroom which closes by a door that has a King size bed (mattress is HARD), 2 side tables, adequate size closet for clothes, and attached toilet with shower. Note: the shower does not have an area to stand in which keeps water from the bathroom floor, so all the shower water wets the entire bathroom floor...which eventually flows into the drain. It's really no big deal. There are 2 air conditioners in the LARGE suites, and you can EASILY bring guests to your room (male or female) so long as you're discreet about it. I mention this because it is quite difficult to do this at many of the hotels/furnished apts in KSA.

There is basic room service for food & drinks, and free room cleaning. There's also a quaint coffee shop in the small lobby area that also serves fresh juice and pastries. The nearest supermarket and Subway sandwich shop is only a 5 minute walk, and Fasaliah Tower is approx. 5 minutes by taxi (approx. $3.70 fare) each way.

This hotel is opposite gate 10 of the Riyadh Armed Forces  Hospital (also known as Riyadh Military Hospital).

If you'd like to make a booking, you can call Mohammad (who is Sudanese) at the hotel reception by dialing: +966 1-474-4180. He is usually there in the early afternoon - early evening (local time in Riyadh)except Friday. He is the only one who speaks relatively good English.