Convert dependent pass to employment pass

Hi all,
I would like to apply Dependent pass according to my husband in Malaysia. But I wonder during Dependent pass, can I apply jobs in Malaysia?
After I was selected on job, can HR convert my vista status to Employment pass without cooling period?
Thanks.

So far the rule is you would have no cooling off but would need to leave Malaysia when your DP is cancelled and wait for the EP and potentially a single entry visa (VDR) to be approved. It's not possible to convert a tourist visa entry to an EP. Basically your recruitment is treated exactly the same way as your husbands and there are no shortcuts. Same rules apply that if a Malaysian can do the job then foreigners will not be approved for an EP

Thank you for your helpful answer.
I'm wondering one more thing,  I will finish contact in current company in 17th May 2019. And then, I will exit Malaysia to wait dependent pass processing about 3 weeks.
During time in Malaysia under DP visa, I would like to find and apply for job. I understand I must cancel DP visa and wait for the EP and potentially a single entry visa (VDR) to be approved if I was selected to company.
But I asked HR and they said I have no cooling off if new salary less than 5000RM and must exit 3 months if new salary more than 5000RM because my status will be dependent pass change change to EP. I feel so confused why new salary more than 5000RM but I still have to exit, it completely different in that I will stay Malaysia to go ahead if I find job with 5000RM at the moment (after finishing contact in current company in 17th May 2019).
Please kindly help me respond.
Thanks,
Moon

The cooling off only applies to category 3 if moving within the same category. There is no cooling period if on a category 3 pass and moving to a category 2.

Category 1 - 10000 up
Category 2 -  5000-9999
Category 3 - 3000-4999

As a DP you don't earn salary so not the reason for having to exit and wait for EP approval. It's just been the rule when changing from one type of permit to another. But hopefully it will be relaxed.

Hi there,
I understood. Thank you so much for your quickly reply.
Moon.

Hi
I would like to ask what is dependent pass and how to apply for it!?
Thanks

If your partner is earning RM144K a year and has been here for 3 years, he may be able to apply for a Talent Pass, in which case you'd be able to piggyback on that. It's something to look into if you're here for a few years.

A dependent pass can be applied for by the wife of a foreigner who has an employment pass because they are working in Malaysia

Ellen Whyte wrote:

If your partner is earning RM144K a year and has been here for 3 years, he may be able to apply for a Talent Pass, in which case you'd be able to piggyback on that. It's something to look into if you're here for a few years.

Yes, but quite difficult to get the Talent Pass these days,especially in some professional areas, as some sort of quota system seems to have been introduced.

Ah, then you'll have to ask your local connections to give you a hand?

AFAIK, it's still really hard for spouses to get permission to work here. The system is against you.

You can start up a company and get yourself a work permit (that's what I did) but it means funds, investment and a longterm plan, plus there's needing local partners etc etc.

My bottom line view is this: you either come here for a year or so and see it as a career break OR you plan to stay forever and start a business.

Good luck!

Or get Malaysia my 2nd Home social visit pass which although it does not permit employment or working locally, it does enable a person to stay in Malaysia ad infinitum and be a business owner who just has an advisory role and takes profits but not a salary