Filipino expat EP AND VISA PROCESSING

Hello all,

Was doing some research on the EP and Visa processing for Filipinos expat in Malaysia and came across this forum.  :D

I am currently in the Philippines as just finished serving the 3-month cooling off period. My stay got extended by my employer to proceed with my converting from contract to permanent employment.

I've decided to apply for a new job, new employer, and just now received an email from Malaysian agency (I am a direct hire, but need to liaise with partner agency for the EP) to submit my documents for EP processing. I've just submitted my docs (passport copies, photo, school docs, tax) except for my Release Letter/NOC as I am still serving/rendering work until 1St of March. My resignation will be effective on this said date.

Will this delay my EP and Visa? Also, my training for new job starts on 18th March (tentative).

Appreciate any advice.

The cooling off period starts from last day of employment in previous company. But only if you are Cat. 3 and new job is also Cat. 3

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks for responding. My contract ended August 2018 and cooling off period started last September 2018. I have not signed yet to renew my contract with current employer as they are planning to convert me to permanent staff. However, I have found a better opportunity so have applied. The Malaysian agency, appointed by my new employer to process my EP, have received my documents today. I was advised EP takes 14 working days from time of submission of the documents. I don't have a Release Letter or NOC yet.. Will this prolong my EP?

As far as I know, yes it is Cat3