Passport Change + Dependent VISA

Hi Expertise,

May be this is already discussed in this forum but would like to know the following. You can also share any link / threads which is relevant to below queries.

1) Is that mandatory (as per any recent law) in Bahrain where, being a husband, I must have my wife's name (obviously full name with surname) printed in my passport who will be coming on dependent VISA? Or if it is a matter of changing only my wife's passport to add my name as husband?

2) If I change my passport, my office will apply for new residence VISA which is currently printed in my passport. How much time it may take to get the residence VISA in my new passport?

3) How much time it may take to get the dependent VISA?

Best regards,
Sourav

I think you are overly complicating it.

1) Depends on your nationality.  In some nationalities, the wife has her husband's name replaced for her father's in the passport.  The husband doesn't need to do anything if he is the one sponsoring the wife.

https://lmra.bh/portal/en/page/show/189

2) You don't have to change your passport.  And even if you did, it's just shifting the residence stamp to new passport, not new visa.  Takes hardly an hour with an efficient PRO

3)  Read the sticky on this forum

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=750635

HI Saurav..

1) Your wife's passport must have your name printed on the spouse section, if she needs to get a dependant visa..  ( I had faced the same issue, and had to get a new passport for my  wife on tatkal mode a year ago). No changes needed in your passport. Also check for given names and surnames in passport.. Have seen many of the Indian passports have only given names. There is an issue for new visa in case surname is not available.

2nd & 3rd point same as Xtang said ..

@navinbhas In my passport, my wife's name is not written. But in my wife's passport my name (as a spouse name) is written. So in this case, can I apply for dependent visa?

Hello Hitest Nama,

This thread has been inactive since 2019. It would be better if you could post a new thread on the Bahrain forum to tell us the full story so that we know how to assist you. By doing this, you will increase your chances of finding answers. 1f601.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Hitesh Nama You can confirm this with your PRO of your company, usually it should not matter but rules keep changing, They will ask you for your marriage certificate as well.

@Hitesh Nama

it should be okay

With attested marriage certificate, you can.  In that case, the name doesn't matter.

@Cheryl Thanks 😊

@logicalindian Thanks 😊

@navinbhas Thanks 😊

@XTang Thanks😊

Hey Hitest Nama,

Do not hesitate to create a new thread on the Bahrain forum if you have any other questions. 1f601.svg

Have a nice day,

Cheryl