What clothing should I carry?

M traveling to Jakarta, revulu, yogyakarta n tuban in my travel period.. how is wether conditions in all these places.. do I need to carry jerkin/ raincoat/umbrella etc with my everyday set of work wear?

All 3 places are hot with potential huge rain and storms curently.

So its up to you.

Most places you will probably rely on cars to take you places whereas torrential rain often puts you off walking so whilst useful an umbrella, here in my opinion is more cumbersome than anything else.

Having just been to Tuban, Jogja amd now in Jakarta all the above has happened to me.

The weather is either hot and dry, or quite hot and wet.

I carry a small folding umbrella when I feel it's required but most of the time I simply ignore the rain or use a taxi.

I live in Jakarta and I just got back from Malang and Surabaya. All the place had wet and dry situations, I personally bring umbrella, rain coat (since I use motorcycle taxi) and a light jacket just in case it gets really chilly

Fara0909 wrote:

I just got back from Malang and Surabaya.

Same here. Went to Surabaya for a day, returning home on the new toll last night.

Fara0909 wrote:

I All the place had wet and dry situations,

Those places and the described weather are typical of Indonesia in the rainy season

Fara0909 wrote:

I personally bring umbrella

Usually the best way to do things - A small folding one is the most convenient

Fara0909 wrote:

rain coat (since I use motorcycle taxi)

Motorcycle taxis are very common and very handy. I carry a combo ultralight raincoat with trousers if I know I'm going to use them. These are available from a million small shops, and are very small and light so easy to carry around.

Fara0909 wrote:

and a light jacket just in case it gets really chilly

This is advisable if visiting places such as Bogor, Wonosobo, and other high altitude towns, but I never use one anywhere else. People from hot countries might feel they need one.