3rd country national moving from an EU country to Belgium

Hello. I have a question. I am a third country national. I currently have a student permit in Austria, and I am planning to do a PhD in Ghent. Do I still have to apply for a D visa or I can just come and apply for a residence permit in Ghent? Thank you in advance


The answer is in your question. You have a student visa for Austria. Not for Belgium ...

So you have to apply for a new student visa. The good thing is that since you are already there, it will be easier for the procedure.

Hi, thank you for your reply, so does that mean that I can move there directly and apply for a permit there, or do I have to apply for a D visa first in Austria?

Be logical. Go to the Belgian Embassy in Vienna. Take your documents and proof of registration in a Belgian school.

New topic