Malaysia EP pass - 6 consecutive blank pages required in passport

Just started onboarding process with KL Employer, Immigration Team have reached out requesting numerous docs, something caught my eye in checklist, seemingly despite 1 small EP stamp I need to have 6 consecutive blank pages in passport, unfortunately I only have 4. Am I screwed in the sense that this is absolutely mandatory or ?,  my concern is that new Employer may not be willing to wait for me to get a renewal passport which could take 4 weeks + as I dont live in my home country, will make calls on Monday, just wondering if anyone had experience on this subject, thanks

Hi

Right now i am facing the same issue, May i know how did u overcome this ?

My husband had to renew his passport as had 18months on it but Malaysian immigration insist on 2yrs. He also didn't have 6 consecutive blank pages.
Our kids will be on dependant visas and they also needed renewing as didn't have 2 full years. They have now been stuck in UK for over 8 weeks now!!
God luck getting anything done right now!!

Hey Guys,

Please let me know if you were able to overcome this consecutive pages requirement? I have to apply a new EP and I also dont have six consecutive pages. I have overall 7 pages and enough validity. Will it be an issue really?

Thanks in advance!

As a general never assume any requirement is optional. One officer may not care, while another will send you away. You have no idea which you'll get. If the requirement says 7 consecutive pages then assume you'll need to have to have that. Some embassies will allow you to add pages to an existing passports, others will require that get a new passport. It might depend how long before your passport expires.

Hi,

My application has just begun and my employer has pointed out this issue to me. Although he has said they will try negotiating with the authorizing agency (MDEC), but to be on the safe side, I would like to know how you overcame this issue.

My current passport has FIVE consecutive empty pages and a total of 13 empty pages.

Any help/guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Don't worry as long as 6 pages are there. No need to have consecutive. It can be skip order.

Their rule is old and just the wordings are continuing because no really bothered to edit it in their rule books, as can be expected.

Mine just got endorsed in spite of not having consecutive pages and I was equally worried when no-one was giving me a real world example.

hammadkhan97 wrote:

Hi,

My application has just begun and my employer has pointed out this issue to me. Although he has said they will try negotiating with the authorizing agency (MDEC), but to be on the safe side, I would like to know how you overcame this issue.

My current passport has FIVE consecutive empty pages and a total of 13 empty pages.

Any help/guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Phew!

Sigh of relief. Thank you so much Gaurav! Have a good weekend, Sir.

Hi, I just read that your EP has just been renewed.  May I know which category are you in, EP1 or EP2?  My application for renewal of EP2 just got rejected, I hear that only EP2 applications are being approved at this moment.

Did u get any reasons why it was rejected? Rejected or returned asking for more docs? Whether it's through MDEC or ESD? There are several things to consider here. Govt is promoting local jobs so there are sectors in which it's difficult to get EP. There are several exemptions also from this rule like salary above 15k, international orgs etc. And Renewals are also exempted. Pls read this:

https://www.perkeso.gov.my/en/149-sip/8 … ation.html

So you need to tell me more before your situation could be understood better.

Mine was a job change scenario in EP1 thru MDEC.

GiaRobertson wrote:

Hi, I just read that your EP has just been renewed.  May I know which category are you in, EP1 or EP2?  My application for renewal of EP2 just got rejected, I hear that only EP2 applications are being approved at this moment.