FREE HEALTHCARE FOR ALL?

I have read pages and pages about new free healthcare for ALL.

‘'Government to make healthcare free and universal again 'within six weeks' 15 June
SPAIN'S new government is working on a Bill of Law, or Royal Decree that will once again make free healthcare universal for everyone living in the country, irrespective of their legal status.''

If this is true why is proof of healthcare still being requested at residency status application?

I suspect it is because a person who is applying for resident status is not already ‘living in spain.'

The new law says those living in spain are eligible to free cover

It may seem like splitting hairs but that is not an unusual misconception by those untrained in the law

That does not make any sense, but if it is only your best guess fair enough.

Most people applying for Spanish residency status are living in Spain and because of Spain's laws and rules must register as resident status.

Does anyone have any useful facts.

Is this new law like the sign in the pub ''FREE BEER TOMORROW''?

As you may have seen I have a legal background and for twenty years I have worked with the police assisting foreigners, which has included applications for paperwork

Unless we can stick to the question can the thread be deleted please?. I am sorry for raising the subject. I am currently paying for private healthcare and will continue to do so.

From many reports on the internet there is no doubt the law has been adopted in some Regions, Andalucia for one,  and will be adopted across spain as the POSE government intended. 

Thus there will i am sure be many who will want to know if it's existence and who will take advantage of the facility available