Can you meet members of opposite sex( expats ) in Malls

read Dhahran mall, Al Rashid etc.

Can you meet and chat with members of opposite sex (in groups and/or as couples) without being married? We plan to meet in a restaurant. All will be expats

Vannuysdimas wrote:

read Dhahran mall, Al Rashid etc.

Can you meet and chat with members of opposite sex (in groups and/or as couples) without being married? We plan to meet in a restaurant. All will be expats

Now that's a question lol.

Well i checked the location you talking about and is somewhere in Khobar and i think khobar is not that strict like Riyadh. ( just giving a guess) But here in Riyadh you definitely can not do such a thing. You just have to be related to the individual of the opposite sex.

Unlike Dubai, you can not set a meeting with the opposite sex and meet in a public place. Some do it though, but it is a bad risk if you are caught. Meeting a couple ( a guy with his wife) is okay though, you could meet them so far as the husband of the lady is present.

In all, am not sure of your area, but i did say be cautious this is Saudi Arabia after all.

Sure why not, I went on a few Tinder dates there, double date too, just wear like a normal human being, no one will bat an eye

Damn, Tell me how do you set them up and where to meet them, and you being of different nationalities doesn't raise eyebrows?

Vannuysdimas wrote:

Damn, Tell me how do you set them up and where to meet them, and you being of different nationalities doesn't raise eyebrows?

You might get the look if you go out with a different nationalities, I've dated a Filipino, saw a few who gave me the look but I didn't really care, was having a good time with her so yeah, as in how and where to meet her, well, first I get to know her through an app called Tinder, chatted with her, then asked her for a lunch date, she said yes, the next day I picked her up from her place then we went there.

Try not to think about what people think about you, it's your life not theirs, do whatever you want just don't cross the country rules and boundaries  (meaning don't kiss her in public or touch her butt, etc), nobody will really care unless if you do these stuff, so just act normal and you'll be fine

Yes

@Flaminski there's tinder apps in saudi?

Hello rr118k,

The last time @Flaminski visited the forum was one year ago.1f623.svg

I suggest you start a new thread on the Saudi Arabie forum to ask your questions.

Best of luck,

Cheryl
Expat.com team