Info about Hafar Al Batin

Hi,

My wife has got an offer from college of education in Hafer Al Batin. Need to know how is this place and what about the accommodation and life there.

Any information regarding this is appreciated.

Thanks
Praj

life is very dull and slow down there... its a very small town... but good business opportunities there... i would say if its not that important to take the job there then dont!

TheSituation wrote:

life is very dull and slow down there... its a very small town... but good business opportunities there... i would say if its not that important to take the job there then dont!

'

Thanks for the info  'TheSituation'. Really appreciate your reply. Need a little more info before we decide we should really take this offer or no.
1. How about the accommodation. Houses for rent within 18000 riyals is possible there?
2. How safe is this place. Just curious as i see its near the Saudi border.
3. Students from outside KSA also study in Hafar Albatin?

Hi

I live in Hafr Al Batin too. I am a Lecturer in Affiliated Colleges at Hafr Al Batin. Life in Hafr Al Batin is pretty boring especially if you are adventurous type of person. City is okay develped and you find malls like McDonalds, Herphy, Crazy Bunny, Pizza Hut, Dominos, CityMax, Hyper Panda in areas like Aqairyah and a small Extrastores but overall its a pretty dull place. I came in September so can't really comment on Summers here but heard they are in range of 47'C +
If you have a car then on weekends you can to-n-fro to Khobar, Dammam ( A drive of 480kms or roughly 4.5hrs on average speed of 120kmhr  ;) )
Other options include Kuwait, another drive of 2hrs to enter main city.

Otherwise a not so entertaining place.

Is DAT place is safe for expatriates

Yes. It definitely is . Family life is quiet calm and peaceful.  No traffic chaos like riyadh and jeddah.

Way better than riyadh but two things:
1. You NEED TO HAVE YOUR OWN CAR.  No taxis. 
2. No GOOD schools for Indian/Pakistan children above 7 8 years of age.

I would like to khnow how is life in Hafr el batin? Do they have good international schools for kids????