Drug test KSA

Hi Guys,

I am in a situation where I can use some information, the situation is as follows.

My employee has asked to travel to KSA next week to do 4 days of work and than travel back (Netherlands to KSA, and back). I would very much like to travel to KSA, as this would be my first time in KSA. But I see one problem, I am a regular marijuana user. I have read that they are not tender on the use and possession of drugs.

It goes without saying that I do not bring drugs or use them during my trip to KSA, but as we all know, marijuana is still visible in the urine and blood for a long period of time after use.
Is it in this case safe to travel to KSA?
Are there drug tests taken upon arrival/departure?

Thanks in advance!

None that I know off. Test like that are done only during the process of getting a residency permit. If you are not coming to do any health related works and just pure business like meeting up with clients and checking products etc. I do not think a 4 days trip here would involve any drug test. You should be ok.

However I did advice to at least try not to use or smoke it for 24 hours before your journey. A little smell might start a wild fire for you.

They don't do drug tests on arrival or departure.  It is a rare event. 

Also, to correct the previous poster, there are NO drug tests done for residency permits either.  They are only testing for infectious diseases.

The way it happens (and I know of someone who had it happen to them in UAE):

You arrive, look suspicious or attract customs attention
They pull you aside and search your luggage - find nothing
You still arouse suspicion or bad mouth them
They do a swab test of your belongings
It comes back positive for drugs
They are still unable to find the drugs in your belongings
They put you through a body scan and / or do a blood test
It comes back positive and that is it

So as you can see, there are many many steps before this happens.  I wouldn't worry and just be careful not to get any residue on you or your luggage.

You're safe to travel, mate. Enjoy your stay. No such tests happen while flying in or flying out of The Kingdom.

Have fun...... just don't expect to find 'stuff' here:):)

Enjoy your stay.