Family (Dependent) VISA

Dear All,

I am an IT Professional (IT Project Manager) from UK. I am currently exploring opportunity within the IT Project Delivery space in the Middle East (KSA, UAE, Qatar). I am a senior manager (17+ years of experience) so will not be working in a Junior role.

I am trying to understand what dependent VISA options are available in these countries (I am married with 2 kids but I am looking for dependent VISA option which will also allow my Mother to stay with me on long term basis).

Any help or guidance you can offer would be most gratefully appreciated.

Thank You
Abrar

For ksa, the dependent visa depends upon your residence permit status (one should be technician or above) to get a permanent family visa. You need to have your all degrees attested and certified by relevant education board/True translation,
After that you need to take appointment in Istekdam Office ..Once they check all documents and approves,  usually in 2-3 days the permanent family visa is granted....You can bring Your immediate family ( wife/kids) once the visa is approved.

thank you Tanstar. Actually my question covers VISA for my Mother as I am keen for her to stay with me as well. Do the family VISAs cover elderly dependent parents?

Simple answer to that is no.  Dependents are your spouse and children; the visa for them is pretty much guaranteed - depending on profession, documents and status of course.

For parents, exceptions can be approved by Jawazat.  In practice, most applications are rejected and the process is very cumbersome. 

Have a look at this:   http://lifeinsaudiarabia.net/blog/2015/ … -visa-for/

Hence that is why most people have parents over on renewable visit visas.  For example, they get a 2 year family visit visa allowing the family member to stay 180 days after which they need to exit and re-enter again - not necessarily go back home but just a border exit e.g. to UAE and come back.

Thank you Bro.

So if someone has 2 year VISA and they have already spent 180 days in KSA, then do they have to stay out of KSA for a minimum period or for example they can spend a weekend away in Dubai and come back again for live for the next 6 months?

Nope they can just exit and come back. No time requirement.

Very Helpful. Thank you Buddy. Much appreciated.

Hi! My husband is working in KSA( engineer at high level) but he has no Iqama. His visa is valid for one month, so every month he is reentering at the country. His company refuses to help him get an Iqama with the excuse that they do not have available posts for our  nationality. Actually they have a HR team completely incompetent.As a result we cannot visit him . Is there any way for him to get Iqama or for us to visit him in another visa? Pls help!!!