Deferral Stage

Hi,

First of all I appreciate the efforts the expat teams put in to reply all the queries.

I am from India working in UAE since 8 years now hired by sister company in Malaysia. 

My company has applied employment pass for me as per them they have given all the information required by ESD on 30th March. After 5th April the status shows deferral.

Could you please explain in such a situation how long does it takes to approve?

Hope to get a reply soon

It's impossible to answer that question as the reason for the deferral is unknown. However it was a quick decision by ESD indicating there may be some problems. These could be with the incorporation of the Malaysian company, but also the structure of the EP request.

There is also the possibility that instead of an EP a PVP (professional visit pass) is actually required. https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdf This is where the employee remains employed but is seconded to Malaysia.

My guess would be the Malaysian company has not submitted any HR plan and does not have an approved quota to hire foreigners, or at least not sufficient for further foreign hires. This would mean its an internal issue which the company needs to resolve in order to progress the EP request.

As often Board Meetings are required to change internal policies, it could take some time for the company to get its act together.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Just to brief you. Basically the company has converted from Import and export to Manufacturing. They have received the license as well through MIDA and even they have updated in SSM as well. Also they moved to another place as well

I have double check regarding foreign quota. They informed have successfully received Quota for 2018 from ESD

So generally in such case how long should we wait as per ur past experience

It is still unknown. There is no action ongoing as long as the term Deferral is showing.

Hi Imran, I am kind of in a similar situation. Did you finally get EP after being stuck at Deferral stage? Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Qasim

Hi Mbq,

May I know how is ur status now?

How long they take fore deferral stage?

Appreciate if you could answer me as I'm in deferral stage for 1 week already

Thanks

Hi ivon.
  Are you still in deferral stage?
Im same situation with you. Check my pass application yesterday and today,im still on deferral stage.

Hi Diro,

No.. this morning mine is "Pass Issuance Stage"

Hi Melissa,

When did your company apply for the EP?

My status is Deferral since 12th February :(

Hi,

My company apply for me since 2nd of July 2019 :)

Wow! That's fast. I am waiting since 6 months, lost hope now :(

All the best to you!

Finely you got visa what happened please reply

I didnt do anything.. just wait..

Hi Diro,

How is solve your deferral stage issue,now my visa status also showing deferral stage,how many days take the process ???

Gravitas wrote:

It is still unknown. There is no action ongoing as long as the term Deferral is showing.

Why the Defensive takes over

My application 2weeks on deferral stage . When will the visa come. When does the Approval come