Critical Skill List Visa - Process

So My career( Systems Engineer) falls under the critical Skills list , but the process to apply for a critical skill list visa is a hassle when you are outside the country. Is it possible to apply for a visitors visa and look for work when in the country and hope that an employer may sponsor my work visa ?

I leave in South Africa for more then 14 years, and my advice to you is for you to found your Job on line first. Coming here for the Job might not help you that much. You can still found your job from where you are.

I'm in Kenya and to be honest its really hard even to have recruiters return my emails, even just to say that the position doesn't sponsor a work visa

South African companies will tell you to send your cv on line. Go on google and try to send your cv to agencies on line or send to companies on line. After founding a job you can now look at the visa issue. Unless you want to visit but that won't help you much.

Hi,
I'm not sure which country you're coming from. But in fact this doesn't matter so much. I work daily with candidates applying for a critical skill work visa. They need to accumulate all documents from their own country as well as from the different South African departments ...SAQA, SORO, CCMG etc... After having all documents together you have to visit the SA embassy in your country of residence to obtain your valid workpermit in your passport. Their will not be many companies interested to give you a workpermit after arriving here. First reason is that it takes a long ride, much money and they still need to sent you back home to get it sorted out. I don't want to disappoint you but this is a fact. Better you know beforehand. You can apply for a job via an advertisement and than start working on the critical skill workpermit. Good luck.

Greta