Critical Skills Visa - Construction Project Manager

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of compiling my documents to apply for a CSV under Construction Project Manager, and due the the numerous stories of rejection that I have been reading about I want to make sure that my application is as robust as possible before applying.

Overview:

- I am moving to the SA subsidiary of my UK company.
- My new role is Head of Projects, encompassing 'Construction Project Management' and I will be both acting as and managing project managers as well as construction contractors.
- My contract offer is 2 years with an option to extend up to 4 years.
- I have SAQA certified qualifications in Construction Management.
- I am just waiting for a letter of application from SACPCMP before I can apply.
- The rest of my documents are collated and ready.
- I am using Intergate Immigration to help with my application.

For anybody with experience, a few questions come to mind...

1. My role is more senior that the critical skill title of Construction Project Manager. The SA visa requirements states "The occupation/critical skill must be on the critical skills list." Might this be an issue? If so, how is an issue best avoided?

2. SACPCMP are due to provide be with a letter of application only at this early stage in their process. Full membership is granted only after a lengthy review process. The SA visa requirements state that "proof of application for a certificate of registration with the professional body" is a requirement, i.e. the letter that I will soon receive. Will this letter definitely  suffice?

3. Should I be mindful of who signs the letters of undertaking from the SA subsidiary? I.e.the CEO or board member?

4. Is there anything else I should be mindul of when making my application?

Number 3 is by biggest concern as I've received conflicting advice from my consultant and an SA immigration lawyer about the eligibility of the letter. I of course don't yet know what the letter will say but should find out soon.

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Good day

You must get a membership from the professional bodies according to your profession..if you worked in South Africa and if U want to extend ur critical skills permit then they may ask you a trade test certificate from South Africa

Have you considered an intra-company work visa as you will be transferred from your employer abroad. It is issued for 4 years.

Give it a 2nd thought before u move in SA