Asking regards Basel, Switzerland

Dear Sir or Madam

I have received an admission from University of Basel in Master Program in Critical Urbanism. I hope to spend about two years in Basel from September 2018. In order to plan for my life I have some question and I hope to find my answers by sharing this post.
First and foremost, what is basic language that most of people talking with and use it in the workplaces?
Secondly, is it possible to get a related job in my special field in city or not? (I have more than six years experience in professional career - Urban Planning and Design, Regional and Spatial Planning-). Moreover, what requirements I need to take these kind of jobs? 

I impatiently patient to your kindly regards
Shahin Haghinavand
Tehran, Iran

Welcome to the Forum ;)

I can only answer your first question as the most common language spoken in Basel is Swiss German. However, it's very simple to get around the city and communicate easily, if you speak English or French and Italian.

My dear friend

Many thanks for your responsibility. Please tell me what Swiss German is? We have only one official language even at Goethe institution that is German.

I went into the institution bland talked with a teacher. She answered me; we have only been teaching German at the Goethe.

Shahin Haghinavand wrote:

Please tell me what  is?

German is is a strange language, although many palaces speak it they all have a different way of saying things.Different dialects; I can only give you this LINK to explain it. The country is also an expensive place to live in.

I hope this is of help