Moving to Switzerland with a disability

Hello everyone,

Having a disability should not be a barrier to living abroad. While the intricacies of one's move to Switzerland may be specific to the individual, certain steps can be undertaken to make the process smoother.

What are the important aspects you would personally keep in mind during the planning phase (social security benefits, ongoing medical treatment, etc.)?

Are you required to go through a medical check-up before your move?

Are there any organisations or groups who lend support to expatriates who have a disability?

What are your thoughts on the infrastructure in Switzerland (public spaces, transportation and buildings)?

Are there enough opportunities to make the most of your social life in Switzerland? Are leisure activities made accessible to people with disabilities? 

Please do share your experience with us.

Bhavna

Hello

I would love to hear more about this topic. 
How does Switzerland manage disability? 
Are there medical social workers? 
Home health care? 
How do I find out more about that sort of thing? 
I will need to find a rheumatologist rather quickly when I arrive (next week) to get a Swiss prescription for my biologic meds started.  Is there a directory with reviews of doctors? 
Is there much of a wait to see doctors? 
Typically my disabilities do not "show," and I am worried about whether folks will understand "invisible" disabilities.  I will often wear a pin that says "fighting invisible battles," but it isn't like I can wear a bumper sticker on my butt. 
Though I won't have a car, should I plan on bringing my car plaque for disabled parking?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.