Processing time of D Visa (Non-EU spouse of EU)

Hello!

I'm new to this forum and would like to ask the usual processing time for a D Visa? I'm a Filipino and I submitted my application last December (family reunification). They sent us a letter last January and asked for additional documents which include the legalization of our marriage certificate. The embassy has just informed me that they have transmitted our papers to Switzerland - anyone here from PH who are already in Switzerland? How long did you wait after the embassy has submitted your legalized documents?

Thanks in advance! :)

2 to 3 months.

Hi Flora!

Thanks for the response! 2-3 months from the time that the canton has received the documents? :(

Mine was 2 months...I applied family reunification end of November and received an email by end of January that my visa was ready.Have you registered your marriage here in CH?Just be patience,it will not take too long. 😉😉😉

from the time you submitted your papers to the embassy. so  three months its the total time to wait.

@Flora - Thank you!! I really hope it gets quicker when the papers have reached the Canton.

@micpac-87 - Hi sis! You're so lucky you only waited for 2 months! I applied last December 16 but they kept on asking for additional documents (i.e. legalization of our marriage certificate which according to the embassy takes 3-4 months, authorization letter from our landlord stating that I can stay in the apartment, etc). I think it's really a challenge if you're coming outside EU. =I

Anyway, no, our marriage is not registered in CH. I'm married to an Austrian not Swiss. We got married in PH but we already registered it in their embassy here. We actually presented our marriage certificate with the seal and signature from the Austrian embassy but the Migration office still requested for a legalized document from their Embassy here. I got a call last Monday from the embassy that the legalized docs were already sent to Zurich, hopefully it gets quicker now.

I'm married to a Swiss and registered my marriage here maybe that's the reason mine was quick.😉When the embassy said it takes 3-4 months then you can do nothing about it. Goodluck and Welcome to CH soon.😉

Thanks!!! You're based in Zurich also! Maybe I can meet up with you when I'm already there. :) Anyway, yes, hopefully!!! They actually said it would take 3-4 months to legalize a document but it only took a month for them to submit to the canton so I'm really hoping  my visa will be released soon so I can finally see my husband again! *fingers crossed*

Hi all!  :cheers:

Thank you everybody for this precious information!

I would like to ask you if you know if it's possible to apply for the Family Reunion visa while already being in Switzerland as a tourist.

I'm Italian and I'm trying to organize a yearlong internship in Basel through an European program. My partner is Canadian and he has the right to come with me for 3 months as a visitor.

Could he be able to apply for the Family Reunion visa while he is with me there, by shipping all the documents to the Swiss embassy in Canada? I read that sometimes they allow it, sometimes they make you go back home, sometimes they allow you to just apply from a neighbor country (France/Germany).

Thank you for your help!

neyee wrote:

Thanks!!! You're based in Zurich also! Maybe I can meet up with you when I'm already there. :) Anyway, yes, hopefully!!! They actually said it would take 3-4 months to legalize a document but it only took a month for them to submit to the canton so I'm really hoping  my visa will be released soon so I can finally see my husband again! *fingers crossed*

Neyee, hi! May I know what happened with your case? Are you in Switzerland now? How did it know. I would like to know how long you waited from the moment that you submitted further documentation to the Canton, please! I'm eager to meet my husband again. It's been over 2 months apart already. Our children miss him too. Thanks!

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your answers.

Please I want to know, is it possible to apply for a simple (C) visa while I am waiting for family reunification validation? Who has already tried and got a positive response?

Need an answer for what to do. Thanks again.

Hi hello I love Swiss country I wanna job in robotics any reqiment