Dependent pass for newborn

Hi all, I need an advice. I just delivered my baby here in Malaysia. Both me and my husband are foreigners and hold employment pass. We plan to bring him home during my maternity leave. Does he need to have a dependent pass before I bring him home? Or can I arrange the pass later once we all get back to Malaysia?

You have 6 months in which to apply for the DP.

It means baby can't travel to home country / come back to Malaysia without having the Dependent Pass.

Just need a Passport to travel.  It would be best to get the DP immediately after birth if planning to travel outside Malaysia. If the child does not have a DP then will need a Tourist Visa.

Hi Gravitas,
Same case for us than original post. The passport took longer than expected therefore we will be too short in time to make the dependent pass for our baby before leaving the country for holidays in our home country.
We were told by visa agents and immigration officer at airports that we need to have dependent pass for newborn to leave the country. If not, we need to get the “special pass” in Putrajaya. Has anyone heard about this special pass and know the procedure ? We can not find any clear info.

Thanks in advance!

That's correct. You will need a visa to enter/exit the country. Special pass is a very simple process. You can get a form in immigration department at Putrajaya. Please take all documents (original and copied) along with you. Documents include passports (both parents and child) & birth certificate. You can take hospital's letter for reference as well. Fill up the form and you'll get 30 days special pass. I'll cost you around RM 100.

Many thanks for your answer.
We can get it on the same day than the application?
Do you know if we need to bring the baby as well ?

@Brendalg hy I want to apply for special pass for baby born in malaysia we want to go back how we apply