Driving license

How can I convert my malaysia license to Nepali. I have driving for 10 years in Malaysia, now  I want to go back nepal. Anyone can help ??

I found this information online

Expat Q&A
Nepali driving license (Kathmandu)

By Community Member
30 Jan 2011
Does anyone have any experience of how foreigner get a driving license here? We have valid UK and Thai driving licenses. All tips gratefully welcomed!
Debra

OFFERS FROM OUR PARTNERS

4 replies

30 Jan 2011 Community member
Hi Debra,

I had a French driving license. I asked the translation in French Alliance et they gave me a document for the Nepali authorities (by the way, I've been checked many times and the Nepali police didn't know this document...).
I guess your license is valid here. You should ask the British Council what you need to show the Nepali Police, where you have to make the document.
Greetings,
Christine.

Former member
06 Feb 2011 Community member
I was told that I have to go to the police department to have them give me something and take my drivers license number down-and of course pay a few rupees. I am going tomorrow, hopefully. Well post again if I find out there is more to it.

07 Feb 2011 Community member
Hi All

Thanks for posts. The police route sounds interesting.

We actually went down to the transport office last week and were told that with a foreign license we can get a Nepali one with:

- 2 completed forms from Transport Office (in Nepali)
- copy of passport
- copy of visa
- copy of UK license attested by British Embassy

Then it is a formality. Let's hope so!

There are lots of facilitators loitering at the office to assist and one found us a helpful English speaking officer who gave us the information.

But I still suggest the Nepali embassy in Kl would be able to provide you the correct information