Festivals in Germany

Hello everyone,

What are the main festivals in Germany? Are there art, food, music, film, or other festivals expats can attend and participate in?

When do the festivals take place? How long does each festival usually last?

What activities go on during the festival? Is it necessary to buy tickets?

Are there any other events that take place in Germany that shouldn't be missed?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Lots of festivals of every kind happen all over. Big rock concerts usually charge admission. Many city or village festivals are free. Pretty standard are bands and jumping castles for the kids. Some festivals also hire additional performers like jugglers, clowns and magicians. The food at most German festivals is heavy on the sausages and fried potatoes but some try to go more upscale and thankfully due to immigration, many will have Asian, Italian and Turkish food as well. Hardly a week goes by in the warmer months that there is not a festival of some kind in Stuttgart, often multiple ones at the same time. Some festivals have been around for decades or longer and are part of the tradition; others have been added with the purpose of integrating the community.

hello Prisci,

you know, Im a super fan of festivals and Im a super fan of Germany too, I really would like to meet someone from there, and i would love to live there too. Im an English teacher and I work at the University of Mexico teaching the language, i would love to be in touch with real and honest people from Germany.

Sincerly Marco from Mexico City